It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Coach Jenkins Allegations!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:58 am 
Band Fan

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/sto ... /23448583/

Post subject: Re: Coach Jenkins Allegations!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:53 am 
Section Leader

Wow. And they still hired this guy while an investigation was being conducted?

Alpha Omega Lodge #357 P.H.A.
John J Story Consistory #111 A.A.S.R.
Kazah Temple #149 A.E.A.O.N.M.S.
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc
Groove Tyme Ent. DJ Arizona Red
"LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:55 pm 
Assistant Director

He knew this was coming out.....this is probably why he left bcu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:58 pm 
Living Legend

Wrong forum!

Princeton Review wrote:
"We’re pleased to recommend Florida A&M University to users of our site as one of the best schools to earn their undergrad degree."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:15 pm 
Director

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:12 pm 
Director

PsychoJag wrote:

Lol, Hey, hey, hey give the guy a break. It's not like we cant use the traffic around these parts this time of year.

At any rate, Coach Jenkins definitely will have some 'splainin to do with regards to these allegations. I don't know what's true or not because i'm not on the team, however what I do know is:

1. He left arguably the top program in HBCU of the last 5 years abruptly.
2. Took a pay cut
3. His team have ranked in the top 5 in penalties in FCS every year he was there
4. His teams, although they have been winning, have progressively gottes worse every year since he's been there

All of those dont very much when looked at indiviaually. However when you place then all in a vacuum you can see SOMETHING was going on. Those kids dont have any reason to lie especially when he's already gone. And i'll say who ever handling BCU's public relations, i'll give them a pat on the back. Just look at the timing of these allegations. Anybody remember what happened last week?

National Signing Day.

Is it not obvious that they wanted to shore up as much recrutiting as they could before relasing this story? Also Jenkins, athough his departure was abrupt, it was handeled quietly with respect to THESE allegations. There were other rumors that were out there but most of those were hearsay. When you've got pen to paper and "investingations" and student accounts, NOW you've got something to work with.

If these rumors are true, I applaud BCU for doing what they had to do. I don't think for one second today that he LEFT. I think the whole situations was designed so that it didnt look like he was fired because THAT wouldnt make much since. The winningest coach of the last 5 years, 4 MEAC championships, 4 straight against rival FAMU...FIRED???? Cookman Administration and Lynn Thomspon would've never lived it down unless they informed everyone of what happened and you cant do that because it's right in the middle of recruiting season and you needed to keep a strong imaage on the program. They knew all along they were going to hire someone in house someone to help stem the tide during transition. Also hiring a current assitant mightve kept some players from transfering or decommitting. Lot's of damage control going on here...

Well played by Cookman and shame shame on Jenkins is this stuff is true. That guy can coach but i'll be damned if he mis-treats players and abuses his powers. I love for my team to be on top, but do it the right way.

In the words of one of my pals close to the team "good-riddance"

#GoMagic
#GoGators
#GoRays

Twitter: @Stevo_Supremo
IG: @sholmesjr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:57 pm 
Band-a-holic

impactology08 wrote:
PsychoJag wrote:

Lol, Hey, hey, hey give the guy a break. It's not like we cant use the traffic around these parts this time of year.

At any rate, Coach Jenkins definitely will have some 'splainin to do with regards to these allegations. I don't know what's true or not because i'm not on the team, however what I do know is:

1. He left arguably the top program in HBCU of the last 5 years abruptly.
2. Took a pay cut
3. His team have ranked in the top 5 in penalties in FCS every year he was there
4. His teams, although they have been winning, have progressively gottes worse every year since he's been there

All of those dont very much when looked at indiviaually. However when you place then all in a vacuum you can see SOMETHING was going on. Those kids dont have any reason to lie especially when he's already gone. And i'll say who ever handling BCU's public relations, i'll give them a pat on the back. Just look at the timing of these allegations. Anybody remember what happened last week?

National Signing Day.

Is it not obvious that they wanted to shore up as much recrutiting as they could before relasing this story? Also Jenkins, athough his departure was abrupt, it was handeled quietly with respect to THESE allegations. There were other rumors that were out there but most of those were hearsay. When you've got pen to paper and "investingations" and student accounts, NOW you've got something to work with.

If these rumors are true, I applaud BCU for doing what they had to do. I don't think for one second today that he LEFT. I think the whole situations was designed so that it didnt look like he was fired because THAT wouldnt make much since. The winningest coach of the last 5 years, 4 MEAC championships, 4 straight against rival FAMU...FIRED???? Cookman Administration and Lynn Thomspon would've never lived it down unless they informed everyone of what happened and you cant do that because it's right in the middle of recruiting season and you needed to keep a strong imaage on the program. They knew all along they were going to hire someone in house someone to help stem the tide during transition. Also hiring a current assitant mightve kept some players from transfering or decommitting. Lot's of damage control going on here...

Well played by Cookman and shame shame on Jenkins is this stuff is true. That guy can coach but i'll be damned if he mis-treats players and abuses his powers. I love for my team to be on top, but do it the right way.

In the words of one of my pals close to the team "good-riddance"

You're absolutely right! It was handled pretty quietly and the damage control was pretty good too because despite all of the things that are/were going on no one from the outside really didn't know what was happening. The problem that we're going to be faced with will be the over the limit practice allegations.