All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: BCU vs MIAMI
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:31 pm 

Dubble Trubble wrote:
Lord_Voldemort wrote:
JB wrote:
Live streaming: http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/9232/1/ncaaf ... fl%29.html

The Pride sounds great!

Thanks. My 'Canes may suck this year but they will "wake up" in a minute. :thumbsup:

...Carry On..

Dag...didn't know you were a Canes fan. Now I "have'ta" like ya a lil... :lol:

Yep. :thumbsup:

Everyone who knows The Great One knows that His favorite FBS teams have always been The U, Michigan, USC, and LSU. He's not going to root for an HBCU just because they are playing his favorite team. :lol:

If you're a die hard Cowboys fan and they are playing Carolina or Philly, are you going to root for the Panthers or Eagles just because they have a Black QB? :lol:

#TheU

...Carry On..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:32 pm 

WildcatJay wrote:
Dubble Trubble wrote:
Lord_Voldemort wrote:
Thanks. My 'Canes may suck this year but they will "wake up" in a minute. :thumbsup:

...Carry On..

Dag...didn't know you were a Canes fan. Now I "have'ta" like ya a lil... :lol:

He wain't no fuggin Canes fan. Yea, the fugg, right! LOL

He probably don't even know Canes' history. I'm still laughing. LOL

Really? :handicap:

...Carry On..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:35 pm 
Band Fan

Stay in the game Wildcats!!! The 1st half wasn't bad!

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my heart, my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
~Ray Charles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:36 pm 

WildcatJay wrote:
Dude, man to man, adult to adult. I NEVER thought someone with so much potential to think critically and who has such a strong grasp of history in several areas can be so small at times. I NEVER thought that was possible with someone with that kind of potential. Honestly. I've ALWAYS respected anyone who has the ability to argue using critical interpretations of history, facts and theories, but I always ASSUMED such a person would be able to get passed youthful behaviors. I made an a$$ of myself by assuming that.

Dude, as long as we've known each other, you know which teams The Great One roots for. Don't get upset because He's rooting for the team that is playing your alma mater. Its nothing personal. :lol: The Great One has no qualms with BCU. If yall were playing anyone outside of LSU, Michigan, USC, UNC, or The U, He'd root for ya. :thumbsup:

...Carry On..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:42 pm 
Head Arranger

Another Miami TD. :sad: I still have hope, though.

Here are my thoughts on this:

I will ALWAYS support an HBCU over any other school. ALWAYS. I believe any opportunity that can help position an HBCU in a positive light, whether in academics, sports or research, is a good day for ALL HBCU graduates and a VERY good day for the life and survival of our alma maters.

If it's FAMU vs. the Canes (my 2nd favorite college team and the ones I grew up watching), I will go for FAMU. If it's JSU vs. the Canes, I will go for JSU. If it's Edward Waters vs. the Canes, I will root for EWC.

There are certain things I believe in that regardless of the circumstances, I will root for the success of those things that I BELIEVE will better a community / group of people I care for. I would LOVE to see a Hispanic president of the United States and that would do WONDERS for the image of my community, but I would NOT vote for a Hispanic presidential candidate that I believe supports policies that would inevitably hurt my community.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:45 pm 

WildcatJay, The Great One can respect that. Like He said, it's nothing personal. The Great One is not going to root against His favorite FBS teams just because they are playing an HBCU. He didn't grow up on HBCUs like some of you did. We'll just have to agree to disagree. :thumbsup:

...Carry On..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:50 pm 
Head Arranger

Lord_Voldemort wrote:
WildcatJay, The Great One can respect that. Like He said, it's nothing personal. The Great One is not going to root against His favorite FBS teams just because they are playing an HBCU. He didn't grow up on HBCUs like some of you did. We'll just have to agree to disagree. :thumbsup:

...Carry On..

Brother, neither did I. I grew up around The U. I grew up just a few miles from the Orange Bowl during the years of Butch Davis. I wanted to be a Cane. Hell, I wasn't introduced to HBCUs until my sophomore year of high school.

A bad loss by Bethune-Cookman would inevitably hurt the image of HBCUs, a community I now passionately care about. As much as I love the Canes, I love HBCUs much more. Again, this is how my Hispanic president analogy fits. I love my Hispanic community and think a Hispanic president would do wonders for our young Latino males, but the policies of say a President Marco Rubio would inevitably hurt my community. I would therefore never support a Hispanic GOP presidential candidate, just as I would never root for a PWC over ANY HBCU.

Last edited by WildcatJay on Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:53 pm 
Head Arranger

TD COOKMAN!!!! I love that fight song!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:53 pm 
Director

YES!!!!!!!!!!! THESE BOYS ARE PLAYING FOOTBAWLLLL!

Sunflower....the "tattler" of the 5th.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:55 pm 
Director

Even if we lose at this point, nothing but good can come from the exposure of this game the way we've played today.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:55 pm 
Band Fan

HAILLLLLLLLLL WILDCATS!!!!

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my heart, my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
~Ray Charles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:57 pm 

WildcatJay wrote:
Lord_Voldemort wrote:

...Carry On..

Brother, neither did I. I grew up around Miami. I grew up just a few miles from the Orange Bowl during the years of Butch Davis. I wanted to be a Cane. Hell, I wasn't introduced to HBCUs until my sophomore year of high school.

A bad loss by Bethune-Cookman would inevitably hurt the image of HBCUs, a community I now passionately care about. As much as I love the Canes, I love HBCUs much more. Again, this is how my Hispanic president analogy fits. I love my Hispanic community and think a Hispanic president would do wonders for our young Latino males, but the policies of say a President Marco Rubio would inevitably hurt my community. I would therefore never support a Hispanic GOP presidential candidate, just as I would never root for a PWC over ANY HBCU.

1. The Great One agrees. He doesn't want any HBCU to get blown out by an FBS school because it hurts the image of all of our programs. He just can't root for a team, which he has no history/loyalty to, that is playing His favorite team. Had yall been playing UF, He'd be rooting for ya. :thumbsup:

2. Marco Rubio as president is a scary thought. Real talk. He'd be worse than Bush because he comes off like a young, clueless, pawn.

...Carry On..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:02 pm 
Head Arranger

I freaking HATE feeling this way. LOL... all anxious, screaming and throwing shat the TV every time we have a good play. LOL

My 70 lbs. American bulldog jumping up and down thinking I'm playing with her. LOL

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:16 pm 
Head Arranger

TD Miami. :sad:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:04 pm 
Director

Good game Wildcats!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:19 pm 
Assistant Director

:handicap: Rooting for a multi million/billion dollar endowment PWC versus struggling hbcu's :thumbsdown:

As much as I DO NOT AT ALL IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM LIKE COOKMAN........IM NOT GOING TO ROOT AGAINST THEM WHEN THEY GOING AGAINST A GIANT PROGRAM LIKE UM

and Im as far from a fan of cookman as you can get. I am not from Florida, so i dont have family there and a love/hate relationship with them . Its pure DISLIKE :mad:

But I love black people and their universities even more than my dislike for cookman.

I faithfully watch that Bayou Classic and Lord knows i dont care for either school nor their bands.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:44 pm 
Drum Major

Diligent wrote:
:handicap: Rooting for a multi million/billion dollar endowment PWC versus struggling hbcu's :thumbsdown:

As much as I DO NOT AT ALL IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM LIKE COOKMAN........IM NOT GOING TO ROOT AGAINST THEM WHEN THEY GOING AGAINST A GIANT PROGRAM LIKE UM

and Im as far from a fan of cookman as you can get. I am not from Florida, so i dont have family there and a love/hate relationship with them . Its pure DISLIKE :mad:

But I love black people and their universities even more than my dislike for cookman.

I faithfully watch that Bayou Classic and Lord knows i dont care for either school nor their bands.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:03 pm 
Head Drum Major

Final Score: 45 (Miami) - 15 (BCU)

Quote from my freshman brother: "Everyone knows you have to play with the kitty before you beat it up." :lol:

All in all, good game Wildcats. I still don't know what it is about our teams when we get up against these "powerhouses". We'll play a good quarter or 2 and then just straight up die.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:06 pm 

Sabby100 wrote:

Quote from my freshman brother: "Everyone knows you have to play with the kitty before you beat it up." :lol:

:lol: :thumbsup:

Sabby100 wrote:
All in all, good game Wildcats. I still don't know what it is about our teams when we get up against these "powerhouses". We'll play a good quarter or 2 and then just straight up die.

Its a lack of depth, poor conditioning, and/or being out-coached.

...Carry On..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:02 pm 
Living Legend

Lord_Voldemort wrote:
Sabby100 wrote:

Sabby100 wrote:

...Carry On..

I think its a lack of depth, poor conditioning, especially the first.

I think for the most part we have some decent coaches, but our 2ndaries are WELL blow the first units etc...we have NO bench at all.

We depend on those first units, and give them no break.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:04 pm 

WildcatJay wrote:

Tough loss. You guys will still have a great season. :thumbsup:

...Carry On..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:32 pm 
Director

Sabby100 wrote:

We came out a lil better than FAMU did against USF :pimp:

:smile:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:34 pm 
Director

Cally wrote:
Lord_Voldemort wrote:
Sabby100 wrote:

Sabby100 wrote:

...Carry On..

I think its a lack of depth, poor conditioning, especially the first.

I think for the most part we have some decent coaches, but our 2ndaries are WELL blow the first units etc...we have NO bench at all.

We depend on those first units, and give them no break.

I agree....Miami was NOT playing immaculate football AT ALL today. We just got burnt out after awhile.

And all them d@mn penalties didn't help us either. What happened to that super disciplined team Jenkins had last yr?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:54 pm 
Head Arranger

Lord_Voldemort wrote:
WildcatJay wrote:

Tough loss. You guys will still have a great season. :thumbsup:

...Carry On..

Thanks. I'm positive the Tigers will, too. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:43 am