It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Yep it's official "The U" aka WSSU runs HBCU Football...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:23 am 
Living Legend

APOLLO13 wrote:
Cally wrote:
6-3 to be exact...beating teams like Kansas, Central Michigan, Minnesota, Colorado State, & Ball State...and these are not the even close to the weakest conferences in FBS football...

Umm yes they are. Especially the mac and wac which recently folded bc it was so weak. :lol: kansas and minn are both booty in their conferences. They are both bottom feeders in the big 12 and big 10, respectively.

Umm the MAC and WAC are the equivalent of the MEAC in FCS....not quite bottom feeders, but the Sun Belt, CUSA are lower ranked off the top of my head.

Big 12 and Big 10 are NOT bottom feeder conferences...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:24 am 
Living Legend

WSSU_ram16 wrote:
Cally wrote:
APOLLO13 wrote:
Ha! That aint no betta. :hah:

DEFENSE, JAGS! DEFENSE!!! :hall:

Or you can say Shaw University since it is the oldest HBCU in the South...c'mon are you seriously pulling that card?

It may not make sense, but WSSU has always called themselves SU, because of the name of the school over a 100 years ago...clearly you aren't pulling the history card - ain't nobody copying no dayum Southern :roll:

Thank you finally somebody with a brain lol so if we copied yall with the "SU" thing then that means yall copied Shaw University right? cause they was founded in 1865 and Southern was founded in 1880. So if I do my math right Shaw has been using "SU" 15 years before Southern! SO we can say whatever we want to just like yall!

Hush that dumbness. southern university baton rouge (subr) is the most popular HBCU referred to as "su" in and out of AA circles. That aint even debatable. So save your history lesson.

Princeton Review wrote:
"We’re pleased to recommend Florida A&M University to users of our site as one of the best schools to earn their undergrad degree."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:27 am 
Living Legend

Nobody cares, who calls who what....you think Jacksonville State is worried about Jackson State having the same acronyms?

Do you think Shaw or Southern cares? no

Only forum folks, looking to argue about pointless BS ...nobody cares.

When WSSU floated SU down the field, everybody from WSSU knew what it meant, and thats all that matters.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:29 am 
Living Legend

Cally wrote:
APOLLO13 wrote:
But not the bottom (12th and 13th) of FCS like it was ignorantly stated earlier. Now where does the ciaa stand in the D2 power conference rankings???

See that would only be a concern if they weren't winning.

Regardless of the CIAA conference ranking - they have beaten 3 or more top 15 ranked teams, in each of their last 2 years. So that is irrelevant. WSSU is getting the results....

Translation: "Even with winston gettin the results, the ciaa is still holdin down the basement of D2."

Princeton Review wrote:
"We’re pleased to recommend Florida A&M University to users of our site as one of the best schools to earn their undergrad degree."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:31 am 
Living Legend

Cally wrote:
Nobody cares, who calls who what....you think Jacksonville State is worried about Jackson State having the same acronyms?

When WSSU floated SU down the field, everybody from WSSU knew what it meant, and thats all that matters.

Who is the most popular "su" in HBCU world - southern university or winston??? If you're too ashamed to answer truthfully, then I understand.

Princeton Review wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:37 am 
Living Legend

Cally wrote:
APOLLO13 wrote:
Cally wrote:
6-3 to be exact...beating teams like Kansas, Central Michigan, Minnesota, Colorado State, & Ball State...and these are not the even close to the weakest conferences in FBS football...

Umm yes they are. Especially the mac and wac which recently folded bc it was so weak. :lol: kansas and minn are both booty in their conferences. They are both bottom feeders in the big 12 and big 10, respectively.

Umm the MAC and WAC are the equivalent of the MEAC in FCS....not quite bottom feeders, but the Sun Belt, CUSA are lower ranked off the top of my head.

Big 12 and Big 10 are NOT bottom feeder conferences...

You do know that the wac was so weak that they dropped football right???? The wac aint even a bottom feeder no more. Them lames are extinct now. :lol: The mac is down there struggling for relevancy and revenue right along with the sunbelt, cusa, and mwc. I never said the big 12 and big 10 were bottom feeder conferences. I said that kansas and minn were bottom feeder programs.

Princeton Review wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:50 am 
Living Legend

Actually the CIAA is far from a bottom feeder D2 conference, perhaps you should revisit your source. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:59 am 
Living Legend

APOLLO13 wrote:
Cally wrote:

Who is the most popular "su" in HBCU world - southern university or winston??? If you're too ashamed to answer truthfully, then I understand.

:lol:

You are reaching...nobody cares but you

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:15 am 
Living Legend

Cally wrote:
Actually the CIAA is far from a bottom feeder D2 conference, perhaps you should revisit your source. :wink:

You could always refute my argument with a credible, linked source yourself.

Princeton Review wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:16 am 
Living Legend

Cally wrote:
APOLLO13 wrote:
Cally wrote:

:lol:

You are reaching...nobody cares but you

I see words but no answer. I told you it's ok to be ashamed.

Princeton Review wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:27 am 
Living Legend

Cally wrote:

Wait.

Did they float the other two letters, first? lol

The poster formerly known as brucewayne100

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:19 pm 
Living Legend

APOLLO13 wrote:
Cally wrote:

No but you can...I already know what the CIAA is not at the bottom of the rankings - you on the other hand just pulled random BS or "past" results out of your arse, and hoped that it would fly.

You have google, search. I don't need to prove anything.

WSSU, ECSU, St. Aug, and Shaw with their out of conference play has proved the CIAA is not at the bottom. With Shaw beating teams like BCU in the past, or ECSU beating Tuskegee which was another top 25 ranked team...and WSSU back to back deep playoff runs.

The CIAA has not been and is no longer the bottom feeder of DII football :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:46 pm 
Assistant Director

Quote:
Wait.

Did they float the other two letters, first? lol

Nope too small :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrE9g64M8bM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:33 pm 
Director

Cally wrote:
APOLLO13 wrote:
Cally wrote:

WSSU, ECSU, St. Aug, and Shaw with their out of conference play has proved the CIAA is not at the bottom. With Shaw beating teams like BCU in the past, or ECSU beating Tuskegee which was another top 25 ranked team...and WSSU back to back deep playoff runs.

....i'm not making excuses but Shaw beat the WORST BCU team in the last decade. We lost our first four games that year and finished 5-6 and consequently fired Alvin Wyatt and Hired Brian Jenkins.

#GoMagic
#GoGators
#GoRays

Twitter: @Stevo_Supremo
IG: @sholmesjr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:31 am 
Living Legend

speaking of excuses....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:41 am 
Living Legend

impactology08 wrote:
....i'm not making excuses but Shaw beat the WORST BCU team in the last decade. We lost our first four games that year and finished 5-6 and consequently fired Alvin Wyatt and Hired Brian Jenkins.

It's only excuses when Cally isnt makin them for his squad. shaw vs. bcu happened ages ago so no need to explain. Plus it has zero bearing on where the ciaa sat among its D2 football peers in 2012. Apparently, winston was the only real "bread winner" in the ciaa last yr, but it still wasnt enough to move the conf out of the D2 projects.

Princeton Review wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:22 am 
Living Legend

Again where are you getting your wrong arse information from?

GLIACS is a stronger conference
GSCS is a stronger conference
LSC might have a slight edge, their teams are really good or really bad
MAICS conference is huge, they have some good teams..
NSCS another huge conference, good conference
PSACS although WSSU has dismantled all of their top 4 teams in the last 2 years, they are deep, but another 16+ team conference.

GACS is about the same as the CIAA
WVIAC is about the same as the CIAA, had JCSU not lost to WVS - it would have been perfect record against them last season.

NE-10 is weaker, heyal their #1 ranked team barely beat our #5 by a field goal. :roll:
SIAC is weaker, ECSU beat Tuskegee & Albany State, Shaw beat Stillman
GNACS we are definitely better than, they suck..
INDE we dismantle UNC every year and that is good as they get over there..
SACS been beating up on them the last couple of years now

RMACS I know litte about

So even on a worse case scenario, we are 5 slots away from the bottom, and possibly another 3....stick to FCS football, because clearly you know NOTHING about Division II football. This is NOT 2003...when the CIAA truly was at the bottom of this list.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:10 pm 
Living Legend

No quantifiable, objective data. So we'll just roll with whatever Cally opines, huh??? So you think the ciaa is perceived as a strong D2 conference bc ecsu defeated a strong tuskegee from a sub-basement siac conference??? :lol: Now I done heard it all!

Princeton Review wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:31 pm 
Living Legend

Apollo,

You are ridiculous, please don't put words in my mouth.

Where in the world did I say that the CIAA was a strong conference?

I guess your practicing word filling games :roll:

You said that the CIAA was the bottom feeder of Division II, any DII football fan or follower knows otherwise, and it is NOT just because of WSSU, as other programs like St. Aug, Shaw, & Elizabeth City have been proving just that over the last couple years.

Just as you stated about your beloved MEAC not being at the bottom of FCS, I have pointed out that fact.

You are posting objective information as well about Division II football that you clearly you are going off of past history of results, when the CIAA is a far better conference than they were say 10 years ago, when we couldn't even beat teams in the SIAC...

Unfortunately they don't have Division II conference rankings like they do FCS and FBS football.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:52 pm 
Living Legend

Correction: I said that the ciaa is "A" bottom feeder conf. Not "THE" bottom feeder conf in D2. Meaning yall got company. :lol: There's a difference. I know that the siac is worse bc they DO have conference rankings for D2 just like they have for FBS & FCS.

Princeton Review wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:22 am 
Assistant Section Leader

Sometimes you have to walk away from conversations. Just realize you will never agree.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:00 am 
Living Legend

Could you please furnish me with these conference rankings? Because I have never seen them... :thumbsup: