It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NCAA PRESEASON RANKINGS
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:36 pm 
Director

1. Alabama- Expected. The reigning champs are reloaded.

2. Ohio State- Very questionable at #2. Reminds me a lot of USC last year.

3. Oregon- Should be the #2 team

4. Stanford- I dont buy them either but they bring back a lot of talent.

5. Georgia- If Aaron Murray can stop throwing in opportune INT's they'll be there at the end

6. Texas A&M- Johnny Manziel is going make or break this team. I dont think they win 9 games next season.

7. South Carolina- The annual underdog.

8. Clemson- TJ Boyd and his offense should be back strong.

9. Louisville- Teddy Bridgewater is good, but I dont think this team should be ranked at 9.

10. Florida- Florida's defense will be solid. Offense? Who knows...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Notre Dame

12. Florida State

13. LSU

14. Oklahoma State

15. Texas

16. Oklahoma

17. Michigan

18. Nebraska

19. Boise State

20. TCU

21. UCLA

22. Northwestern

23. Wisconsin

24. Southern California

25. Oregon State

#GoMagic
#GoGators
#GoRays

Twitter: @Stevo_Supremo
IG: @sholmesjr

Post subject: Re: NCAA PRESEASON RANKINGS
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:44 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

I long for the days when U of Miami will return to the Top 25...............sigh :sad: :sad:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:11 pm 
Living Legend

I was listening to ESPN radio the other day, thought they were saying that Miami was predicted to have a good season this year.. :confused:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:59 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

Cally wrote:
I was listening to ESPN radio the other day, thought they were saying that Miami was predicted to have a good season this year.. :confused:

Miami is predicted to win their division & lose in the ACC Title game to Clemson..... while this is good this is not the Nat'l Title Bound, Guaranteed 1st round Draft pick, Top 10 Program I was raised on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:59 pm 
Living Legend

Oh definitely not...but I thought maybe they would have cracked the top 25...we'll have to see what happens during the season. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:08 am 
Director

Fellas, you goth give Al Golden sometime. I thinks hes done a decent job with this team. They've been spotless since he's been there. The U was a corrupt program for a long time, even into this decade. And they've been rebuilding the program from the bottom up.

I think Miami is a year or two away from competing like they used to. They'll still have some good wins along the way but I think ultimately, they're starting fresh. They got hit with sacntion last year and the year before that they were going through coaching transitions so they havent really had a "system" in place for about 4 or 5 years now. This will be Al Golden's 3rd year at the helm. They'll be find and as long as they can keep there nose clean, Miami will be back. Too much talent in the State from them not to be back...

#GoMagic
#GoGators
#GoRays

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:36 am 
Drum Major

impactology08 wrote:

1. Alabama- Expected. The reigning champs are reloaded. Agreed. They will have to replace 3 offensive line starters though...but there are certainly some guys ready to step in.

2. Ohio State- Very questionable at #2. Reminds me a lot of USC last year. Yep. They'll run through the Big 10, but they'd better stay up there :lol:

3. Oregon- Should be the #2 team Rankings-wise, yes...but I think there are 2 or 3 SEC teams that would beat them on a neutral field.

4. Stanford- I dont buy them either but they bring back a lot of talent. Very hard-nosed team, I like the coach. But not #4 material.

5. Georgia- If Aaron Murray can stop throwing in opportune INT's they'll be there at the end If "if" was a 5th :lol: Plus, they had some big losses on D. But they are talented.

6. Texas A&M- Johnny Manziel is going make or break this team. I dont think they win 9 games next season. They definitely need him. But if he plays, they are good. They pretty much own recruiting in Texas now.

7. South Carolina- The annual underdog. I feel better about them than Georgia...Clowney is the best player in the country.

8. Clemson- TJ Boyd and his offense should be back strong. Boyd is a beast, but I think overall they are overrated.

9. Louisville- Teddy Bridgewater is good, but I dont think this team should be ranked at 9. They just signed former Auburn star Michael Dyer. Still think #9 is too high, but he will give that offense even more big play ability.

10. Florida- Florida's defense will be solid. Offense? Who knows... And they just lost Dubose to a knee injury.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Notre Dame They were overrated last year, and losing the QB won't help.

12. Florida State They'll break in a new QB, but he's talented. Defense should be solid.

13. LSU This is the sleeper. Everyone thinks they will fall off, but they shouldn't. Just like Bama, they have big time players who have waited their turn ready to step in...and the QB has SEC hours.

14. Oklahoma State Will the defense ever catch up with the offense??

15. Texas Interested to see how they'll do with switching to an up-tempo spread offense...

16. Oklahoma Talented, but I call them "Choklahoma" for a reason :lol:

17. Michigan Gardner moves the offense better than "Shoelace" at the QB position. But Robinson was the home-run hitter.

18. Nebraska Offense is pretty good, but if they don't stop the run any better than they did last year...yikes.

19. Boise State Last year's offense wasn't quite as good, but the QB is a veteran now.

20. TCU Solid, but they've lost 3 starters since summer camp began.

21. UCLA FINALLY they'll have some stability at QB.

22. Northwestern Hard nosed, disciplined team...do they have the horses?

23. Wisconsin Offense struggled last year with Montee Ball...what will they do without him?

24. Southern California Kiffin must deliver this year. But truthfully, they probably are the 3rd or 4th best team in the Pac 12.

25. Oregon State One of the biggest quarterback battles in the country, they'll have to make the right decision and roll with it.

Aristocrat (n): anything regarded as the best, most elegant, or most stylish of its kind...

Commonly known fact - You can't spell "Aristocrat" without the "RAT"...

Your band is a non-mutha f%^&*n factor b@#$h!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:39 pm 
Director

I agree with your LSU pick as well. They are easily the sleeper in this poll. If they get by Bama they could go through the championship as long as they dont have any slip ups. They do have to play Florida as well.

#GoMagic
#GoGators
#GoRays