It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: BCU #23 in FCS Preseason Poll
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:43 am 
Director

http://www.bcuathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23910&ATCLID=209128260

PHILADELPHIA – The Bethune-Cookman Wildcats enter the 2013 season at No. 23 in The Sports Network FCS Preseason Top 25, it was announced Tuesday by The Sports Network office in Philadelphia, Pa. This is the first time the Wildcats have been a member of TSN’s preseason poll under head coach Brian Jenkins.

With Brian Jenkins set to embark upon his fourth year in Daytona Beach, the Wildcats finished the 2012 campaign ranked No. 22 after winning their second Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) title in three years with an overall record of 9-3 (8-0 MEAC). B-CU advanced to the opening round of the FCS Playoffs, hosting the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers to Municipal Stadium – the third time the Cats hosted a playoff game since 2003.

The Cats have been predicted to win the MEAC, voted on by head coaches and sports information directors around the league. Senior running back Isidore Jackson was voted Preseason Co-Offensive Player of the Year, while senior linebacker Jarkevis Fields was selected Preseason Defensive Player of the Year.

The poll's national panel of sports information and media relations directors, broadcasters, writers and other dignitaries confirmed North Dakota State as the preseason No. 1 on Tuesday by giving the Bison 127 of the 134 first-place votes and 3,340 points. NDSU was followed by Montana State in second place; defending runners-up Sam Houston State at third; Eastern Washington in fourth; and Villanova rounds out the top five.

Bethune-Cookman opens the 2013 slate at Tennessee State as part of the John Merritt Classic at L.P. Field in Nashville, Tenn. The Tigers of TSU received 151 votes in the preseason poll, figuring them at No. 30, respectively.

CAA Football had the most teams in the preseason Top 25 with six, followed by the Big Sky with five and the Missouri Valley and Southern conferences with four each. The Southland Conference had two teams, and the OVC, Big South, MEAC and Patriot League each had one.

During the regular season, the Top 25 will be released every Monday afternoon, except for the final weekend of the regular season, when it will be released Sunday morning, Nov. 17, prior to the selection of the FCS playoff field.

The Sports Network will release a final Top 25 following the FCS championship game, which will be held Jan. 4 in Frisco, Texas.

For a complete list of this year’s The Sports Network FCS Preseason Poll, please click here.

For the latest information on the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats, follow us on Twitter, @BCUGridIron, and make sure to ‘Like Us’ on Facebook at BCUathletics. Join the conversation for all things related to B-CU Football in 2013 by using the official hashtag #NeverSatisfied in all tweets.

#GoMagic
#GoGators
#GoRays

Twitter: @Stevo_Supremo
IG: @sholmesjr

Post subject: Re: BCU #23 in FCS Preseason Poll
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:32 am 
Drum Major

Our starting quarterback is suspended and will miss the BCU game.

Aristocrat (n): anything regarded as the best, most elegant, or most stylish of its kind...

Commonly known fact - You can't spell "Aristocrat" without the "RAT"...

Your band is a non-mutha f%^&*n factor b@#$h!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:27 pm 
Director

funkie junkie wrote:

:confused:

How, what, when, where???

That's huge, bro.

#GoMagic
#GoGators
#GoRays

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:37 pm 
Drum Major

impactology08 wrote:
funkie junkie wrote:

:confused:

How, what, when, where???

That's huge, bro.

He was academically ineligible for summer camp and was charged with a misdemeanor. Although he passed all of his summer classes and was cleared of all charges in the case, the coach still decided to give him two games to send a message.

Aristocrat (n): anything regarded as the best, most elegant, or most stylish of its kind...

Commonly known fact - You can't spell "Aristocrat" without the "RAT"...

Your band is a non-mutha f%^&*n factor b@#$h!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:20 pm 
Director

Wow, man. why cant these brotha's get their isht together man. I hate seeing stuff like this. He doesn't realize how his acts effects his team and his school. Sounds like he's getting it together though.

That's tough either way though. I just hope Bethune doesn't sleep on yall now. I hope we can take advantage of a young inexperienced QB.

#GoMagic
#GoGators
#GoRays

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:35 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

I think Cookman is going to be out for blood this year. On the flipside, I have read that TSU has some good QB talent. We'll see though. I'm still a band head.

TTAO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:35 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

I think Cookman is going to be out for blood this year. On the flipside, I have read that TSU has some good QB talent. We'll see though. I'm still a band head.

TTAO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:50 pm 
Director

Mistaj wrote:

I can't lie, from what i'm hearing (and I have a very reliable source) is that this might be Brian Jenkins best team since he's been there. Defensive they'll be stout again. They'were pretty good last year. I thought though where we lost to you guys last year was upfront. Yall offensive line just gasses us. I know that RB you guys had is gone but if they still have that same line we got our work cut out for us.

That's how we lost the playoff game. We could hold our own against them defensively, not giving up any big plays, but they just wore us down on the line. Same with Miami (to be expected though, lol). But if we can get that defensive front to be just a little better this year we'll be alright.

Special teams has been our Achilles heel though. Historically we've not been good in that area and we've lost some games over the year because of it. I hope we can step it up there too.

There's a SERIOUS buzz about this years team. I hope they can live up to the hype!

#GoMagic
#GoGators
#GoRays