It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: College Football Week 1
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:31 am 
Drum Major

Well...tomorrow is the day!!!

There are some pretty good games that I'm interested in...
Thursday

North Carolina @ South Carolina
Ole Miss @ Vanderbilt

Friday

Texas Tech @ SMU
Washington State @ Auburn (LOL I don't know why...)

Saturday

Mississippi State vs Oklahoma State
Alabama vs Virginia Tech
Georgia @ Clemson
LSU vs TCU

Aristocrat (n): anything regarded as the best, most elegant, or most stylish of its kind...

Commonly known fact - You can't spell "Aristocrat" without the "RAT"...

Your band is a non-mutha f%^&*n factor b@#$h!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: College Football Week 1
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:03 pm 
Director

Awesome first week of games:

#1 Bama at V-Tech- I thought the game would be a little closer but when you've got a guy that can score 2 punt returns in one game you get a 35-10 final score. Bama doin what they do.

#5 Georgia at #8 Clemson- UGA's defense was gonna be suspect from the get go because they lost some firepower to the NFL. But then to have to go up against a top offensive unit...in Week 1. That's a tall order. Oh! And they got Steve Spurriers boys on deck this weekend. Ouch. Clemson is pretty good. I still think they are fools gold and will lose a game this year that will REALLY matter. Not that this weekends game didnt. But i'm not totally sold on clemson yet. They still gave up 35 points....

12 LSU vs 20 TCU- Another early ranked game. Respect to LSU, they out toughed TCU. TCU is solid but they ultimately lack depth, SEC depth that is. LSU is everyones sleeper team. Not sure how they're a sleeper but I know if they can get consistency out of their QB they'll be straight.

#GoMagic
#GoGators
#GoRays

Twitter: @Stevo_Supremo
IG: @sholmesjr

Post subject: Re: College Football Week 2
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:32 pm 
Drum Major

Week 2

- Well...looks like "The U" might be back!!!

- Florida has an SEC-ready defense...but their offense is atrocious!!!! They could go under .500 in the conference if they can't score any more than 14 points.

- Poor Virginia!!! Oregon demolished them right from the jump. There are 5 or 6 very highly rated recruits (like top 100) in this year's senior class...but a performance like that won't help you get them.

- Oh, and poor Texas!!! The defense gave up 550 yards...rushing!!! Yikes!!!

Aristocrat (n): anything regarded as the best, most elegant, or most stylish of its kind...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:57 pm 
Drum Major

The U might be back but I need to see them face a real SEC big boy before I get hype. Glad my Big Blue took care of Notre Dame. Don't think Bama goes three peat though. Their offense should've pumbled VT if you ask me. We'll find out all we need to know once Bama plays Texas A&M. IMO, Clemson is making a lot of noise right now with Boyd coming back

" Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today" - Malcom X

What do WE do ?.......you know the re$t

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:00 am 
Drum Major

Rudimentulphunk wrote:
The U might be back but I need to see them face a real SEC big boy before I get hype. Glad my Big Blue took care of Notre Dame. Don't think Bama goes three peat though. Their offense should've pumbled VT if you ask me. We'll find out all we need to know once Bama plays Texas A&M. IMO, Clemson is making a lot of noise right now with Boyd coming back

I agree about Miami. I can name 5 SEC teams that would easily win a best of 7 series with them. I'm no Michigan fan, but I'll roll with ANYBODY that whoops ND!!! I also agree about Alabama. Texas A&M gets about 4 defensive starters back off of suspension, so they'll have their whole squad back. Alabama will have to score some points to win this one, and I don't know if they can. In addition, I'm also picking LSU to knock off 'Bama (they should have beaten them last year). Clemson is legit offensively, but they also struggle to stop the run. Against a team who can defend them and run the ball, they would have some problems.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:31 am 
Director

Well let me revisit this UF/MIA game. It was a fluke win. Yes i'm a Gator fan but you watched that game, and I did, from begining to end you will have noticed that Florida DOMINTATED miami...on BOTH sides of the ball. Let's look at the stats (and then i'll tell you why and how we lost...):

1st Downs _____UF 22 __________________MIA 10
3rd down efficiency _____UF 6-15 ________MIA 1-11
Total Yards _____UF 413 _______________________MIA 212
Rushing _____UF 122_____________________MIA 50
Possession_____UF 38:20 _________________MIA 21:40

TURNOVERS_____ UF 5____________________MIA 1 <-----------

Miami is NOT back. They only got 61 TOTAL yards in the second half. Florida's defense...as always will have to win us games. We lost this game because of Jeff Driskel. Sure we had an early fumble that led to a TD. But Jeff Driskel Threw not one but 2 redzone INT's. HORRIBLE throws. Muschamp even call him out in the papers about it. Florida couldve wont that game 21-10, if Jeff Driskel doesnt throw those INT's. Then he holds on to the ball for TOO LONG!!!! He fumbled at Miami's 4 yd line because he thinks he can sit back in the pocket and read a novel before he throws a pass. I single handed blamed this loss on him. The defense stood strong, his receivers, played well, they were moving the ball at will. Rspect to Miami but Flroida lost that game more than Miami won it.

#GoMagic
#GoGators
#GoRays

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:36 am 
Director

Rudimentulphunk wrote:

I dunno. VT has one of the best defenses in football. And Bama has a weak offensive line. I thought that game went how it shouldve went. Bama is better than A&M. They are going to beat them by ATLEAST 2 TD's. Nick Saban had a week off and they dont bullisht when it comes to revenge games. I'll even go as far as saying that A&M will lose 2 or 3 games this season simply because SEC teams are zoned in on him. Last year he was a surprise to most. Meaning he sunck up on a lot of teams. There's no sneaking aounr this year. These SEC defense are locked and loaded.

Bama 31 -Texas A&M 17

#GoMagic
#GoGators
#GoRays

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:16 am 
Drum Major

impactology08 wrote:

Miami is NOT back. They only got 61 TOTAL yards in the second half. Florida's defense...as always will have to win us games. We lost this game because of Jeff Driskel. Sure we had an early fumble that led to a TD. But Jeff Driskel Threw not one but 2 redzone INT's. HORRIBLE throws. Muschamp even call him out in the papers about it. Florida couldve wont that game 21-10, if Jeff Driskel doesnt throw those INT's. Then he holds on to the ball for TOO LONG!!!! He fumbled at Miami's 4 yd line because he thinks he can sit back in the pocket and read a novel before he throws a pass. I single handed blamed this loss on him. The defense stood strong, his receivers, played well, they were moving the ball at will. Rspect to Miami but Flroida lost that game more than Miami won it.

I agree about Driskel, but some of it goes on the play-calling too. It's obvious that they doesn't trust Driskel (and with good reason), but you can't run the ball on 1st and 2nd, and then everyone in the stadium knows you're gonna pass on 3rd and long. A play action on 1st down sometimes will serve them well.

And Trey Burton needs to hold on to the ball as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:18 am 
Drum Major

impactology08 wrote:
Rudimentulphunk wrote:

I dunno. VT has one of the best defenses in football. And Bama has a weak offensive line. I thought that game went how it shouldve went. Bama is better than A&M. They are going to beat them by ATLEAST 2 TD's. Nick Saban had a week off and they dont bullisht when it comes to revenge games. I'll even go as far as saying that A&M will lose 2 or 3 games this season simply because SEC teams are zoned in on him. Last year he was a surprise to most. Meaning he sunck up on a lot of teams. There's no sneaking aounr this year. These SEC defense are locked and loaded.

Bama 31 -Texas A&M 17

I can see an Alabama blowout if A&M gets off to a slow start. But, if A&M jumps out on them early, and makes Bama pass the ball more than they'd like to, they'll have a chance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:43 am 
Director

funkie junkie wrote:
impactology08 wrote:

I agree about Driskel, but some of it goes on the play-calling too. It's obvious that they doesn't trust Driskel (and with good reason), but you can't run the ball on 1st and 2nd, and then everyone in the stadium knows you're gonna pass on 3rd and long. A play action on 1st down sometimes will serve them well.

And Trey Burton needs to hold on to the ball as well.

I Kinda agree and kinda dont. I agree because Muschamp makes it known that he runs on 1st down virtually EVERY time. Good defenses plan for that. All Miami did was stack the box and dared us to pass on 1st down. We never did. So in THAT regard, you're right. However, if you look at the numbers, turnovers aside, Driskel had a career game believe it or not. He threw for 291 yards and we moved the ball all day. The issue wasnt the lack of offense or even the lack of effective play calling to me. It was Driskel not being able to read the defense or decide when to take a sack when not to. He took sacks and cost fumbles deep in opponents territory and then threw bad picks deep in the red zone. I'm not letting Driskel off that easy by getting on the play-caller. I thought they did well. Driskel has just got to be better than that.

And whats worse is we let Jecoby Brissett transfer to NC State because he wasn't getting any run at Florida. We dont have another back up on the roster with game experience :handicap:. And this will be the 3rd or 4th brotha that we've let get away. Cam Newton being the obvious one. For some reason UF just doesn't play black QB's.... But that's another topic

#GoMagic
#GoGators
#GoRays

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:47 am 
Director

funkie junkie wrote:
impactology08 wrote:
Rudimentulphunk wrote:

Bama 31 -Texas A&M 17

I can see an Alabama blowout if A&M gets off to a slow start. But, if A&M jumps out on them early, and makes Bama pass the ball more than they'd like to, they'll have a chance.

You mark my words bro. Bama is gonna beat the snot out of A&M. I keep tellin folk that they keep forgetting that Texas A&M "snuck-up" on virtually everyone last year. They were WAY better than people thought they would be. SEC defenses didnt have a lot of film on Johnny Manziel because he was a true freshman. I think teams took them for granted (SEC teams). That wont happen this year. Nick Saban & Les Miles will dedicate time to STOPPING Manziel. He was just some fish out of water player last year that nobody really knew. He doesnt have that luxury this year.

31-17. And Bama DOMINATES.

#GoMagic
#GoGators
#GoRays

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:03 am 
Director

...and it should be noted that Texas A&M has given up 29.5 ppg. They havent even played a top team yet. I love stats so....

Total Defense: PPG

1. Florida............. 208.5
2. Alabama............. 212.0
3. Arkansas............ 252.5
4. LSU................. 277.5
5. Mississippi State... 297.5
6. Tennessee........... 302.0
7. Kentucky............ 304.5
8. Vanderbilt.......... 314.0
9. Ole Miss............ 339.0
10. Missouri............ 342.0
11. South Carolina...... 414.5
12. Auburn.............. 443.0
13. Texas A&M........... 449.5
14. Georgia............. 465.5

The only thing to note here is that Bama only played one game but that was against a better team than BOTH of A&M's 1st 2 games. They are giving up 449 points a game and to add they are dead last in rush defense. All Bama does is run the ball, lol and then kill you with play action. It just doesnt look good for A&M. They are hyping it up in the media but this game has blowout written all over it.

#GoMagic
#GoGators
#GoRays

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:43 am 
Drum Major

I can't see it. Like I said not the way they played VT. They didn't look like 2 time champs to me on the field. VT defense it ok but not that good. Their linebackers were sloppy during that game, and if they play like that with A&M they'll get exposed. I just can't see it being a blowout.

" Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today" - Malcom X

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:44 am 
Drum Major

impactology08 wrote:
For some reason UF just doesn't play black QB's.... But that's another topic

Spurrier started that...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:52 am 
Drum Major

impactology08 wrote:
...and it should be noted that Texas A&M has given up 29.5 ppg. They havent even played a top team yet. I love stats so....

Total Defense: PPG

1. Florida............. 208.5
2. Alabama............. 212.0
3. Arkansas............ 252.5
4. LSU................. 277.5
5. Mississippi State... 297.5
6. Tennessee........... 302.0
7. Kentucky............ 304.5
8. Vanderbilt.......... 314.0
9. Ole Miss............ 339.0
10. Missouri............ 342.0
11. South Carolina...... 414.5
12. Auburn.............. 443.0
13. Texas A&M........... 449.5
14. Georgia............. 465.5

The only thing to note here is that Bama only played one game but that was against a better team than BOTH of A&M's 1st 2 games. They are giving up 449 points a game and to add they are dead last in rush defense. All Bama does is run the ball, lol and then kill you with play action. It just doesnt look good for A&M. They are hyping it up in the media but this game has blowout written all over it.

Well...I can't argue the numbers. But keep in mind that A&M suspended 6 starters - Manziel (for that one quarter) and 5 defensive starters. 4 of those defensive suspensions were for both of their games, and the other was the kid who intercepted McCarron at the goal line last year. Not saying that they are saviors, but you take 5 starters off of any defense before the 1st game and it would look like this. They'll be playing tomorrow.

And if you take away 2 special team returns from Alabama, it's a 21-10 ball game. vs VA Tech.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:11 pm 
Drum Major

Ain't gon lie. Bama looks good. Defense step it up just a lil bit but McCarrons pocket looks better an their run game is trucking A&Ms defense

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:56 pm 
Drum Major

Yeah this is getting ugly. It looks like Bama blew their fire out after that interception. Impact, I guess you called it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:10 pm 
Drum Major

That's why the game is 4 quarters...not 1 or 2.

:thumbsup: