The 5th Quarter
http://forum.the5thquarter.com/

is talledega gollege the new morris brown?
http://forum.the5thquarter.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15694
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Marinetrumpetplayer [ Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:54 pm ]
Post subject:  is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

myself personally,I think they are.just imagine when they get a football team.can i get some more insight on this?even though is do miss Morris Brown.and prayerfully they do come back.i will use my GI Bill to go there..

Author:  themap [ Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

:handicap: I don't get t. Besides being an HBCU marching band, how are they at all like Morris Brown?

Author:  Marinetrumpetplayer [ Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

the sound..

Author:  Jota1775 [ Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

Using the GI Bill to go there...?

Author:  dahill [ Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

lmao@using my GI Bill

Author:  DUB305 [ Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

Well..unless Talladega is relocating to Atlanta..NO.

Author:  Phantom_01 [ Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

Marinetrumpetplayer wrote:
the sound..

They sound nothing like Morris Brown!

Author:  HollywoodTBone [ Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

:handicap: I don't hear Morris Brown at all.

Author:  themap [ Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

And :wtf: is a "gollege"... I don't think the GI Bill will pay for you to go to one of those.

Author:  jkb9703 [ Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

I will be talking about Taladega tonight on the 90 Degree Show. Feel free to call in tonight at 718 664 6025.

8pm tonight, click on the link below.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/marchingpo ... 013-week-4

Author:  Marinetrumpetplayer [ Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

dahill wrote:
lmao@using my GI Bill


whats so funny about using something that I earned by defending this country :mad: ?

Author:  Marinetrumpetplayer [ Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

Phantom_01 wrote:
Marinetrumpetplayer wrote:
the sound..

They sound nothing like Morris Brown!


and this is the reason why I started this thread.to me they do...but call me crazy lol.

Author:  pbsstep1914 [ Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

First rule of the 5th: Good self-esteem goes a long way around these parts. Cuz I swear folks will cut you down to size...lol.

With that said, Morris Brown was one of the icons. Comparing a new kid on the block to a band program of that high esteem is like asking if Justin Bieber is the new Michael Jackson.

I caught Talladega at the Atlanta Football Classic parade last year and was right impressed with their aggressiveness as a program, especially being so fresh out the box. Problem with comparing them to a lot of the established programs that have paid their dues is that Talladega tends to sound pretty immature still. They did manage to learn SWAC power, which is focused around the power volume of a sound, but thats clearly not as easy to master as folks may believe it is. Loud and proud without technique sounds like :handicap: Southern is a loud and proud band, but there is clear and definited method to the madness. An ole random band can't just blow through the horns like mad men and expect the same level of credit, and sadly, Talladega dances on that line: loud and proud, with not enough skill, technique and method to back them up.

Now even with that said, I swear I don't hear or see similarity between Morris Brown and Talladega even though I would get cussed out by saying that i thought Morris Brown could have stood some serious lessons in execution, because even though I thought they were an amazing program, I felt they could have used a visit or two by Donovan Wells down in Daytona.

Author:  Aaron [ Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

Marinetrumpetplayer wrote:

whats so funny about using something that I earned by defending this country :mad: ?


Nothing funny about that. Do what you have to do.

But have you heard Morris Brown? I have to disagree with your assessment of the similarities between the Morris Brown and Talladega bands.

It's like comparing apples and slaw: they are nothing alike.

Author:  Marinetrumpetplayer [ Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talladega college the new morris brown?

Aaron wrote:
Marinetrumpetplayer wrote:

whats so funny about using something that I earned by defending this country :mad: ?


Nothing funny about that. Do what you have to do.

But have you heard Morris Brown? I have to disagree with your assessment of the similarities between the Morris Brown and Talladega bands.

It's like comparing apples and slaw: they are nothing alike.


to me they do just a tad.since MOB does not have a Football program but has a band.what i meant by the new morris brown is that could they be untouchable like MOB was back in the day?

Author:  Marinetrumpetplayer [ Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

pbsstep1914 wrote:
First rule of the 5th: Good self-esteem goes a long way around these parts. Cuz I swear folks will cut you down to size...lol.

With that said, Morris Brown was one of the icons. Comparing a new kid on the block to a band program of that high esteem is like asking if Justin Bieber is the new Michael Jackson.

I caught Talladega at the Atlanta Football Classic parade last year and was right impressed with their aggressiveness as a program, especially being so fresh out the box. Problem with comparing them to a lot of the established programs that have paid their dues is that Talladega tends to sound pretty immature still. They did manage to learn SWAC power, which is focused around the power volume of a sound, but thats clearly not as easy to master as folks may believe it is. Loud and proud without technique sounds like :handicap: Southern is a loud and proud band, but there is clear and definited method to the madness. An ole random band can't just blow through the horns like mad men and expect the same level of credit, and sadly, Talladega dances on that line: loud and proud, with not enough skill, technique and method to back them up.

Now even with that said, I swear I don't hear or see similarity between Morris Brown and Talladega even though I would get cussed out by saying that i thought Morris Brown could have stood some serious lessons in execution, because even though I thought they were an amazing program, I felt they could have used a visit or two by Donovan Wells down in Daytona.


After taking another listen I see what you are saying there.and as a Marine, I take great pride in what I have accomplished that's why i got a lil butt hurt,but it I am over it now.its just what Marines do.and i didn't mean any disrespect to anyone on here.just thought I should throw something out there. They are on the up and rising.i say give them a year.and 2014 they are supposedly getting a football team "wikipedia"

Author:  Marinetrumpetplayer [ Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

@ Bacchus 2013 under the Bridge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZXdJqR6dI0

Author:  Vibes1911 [ Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

Marinetrumpetplayer wrote:
Phantom_01 wrote:
Marinetrumpetplayer wrote:
the sound..

They sound nothing like Morris Brown!


do...but call me crazy lol.


Image

Author:  jkb9703 [ Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

#TBPodcast talking about Talladega back in 2013 and MarineTrumpetPlayer calls in.

http://bit.ly/1OARIaG

Author:  pbsstep1914 [ Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

They literally sound NOTHING like Morris Brown. And I swear I see ZERO similarities outside of them being HBCU's and having Marching Bands. They are as similar as FAMU and Southern.

Author:  Lamik [ Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

"Back when I was in 6th grade Morris Brown was on top"

What year was that?

Author:  supervillaindw [ Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

Struggle Brown? Yes... Morris Brown? No... :lol:

Author:  theone [ Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: is talledega gollege the new morris brown?

pbsstep1914 wrote:
They literally sound NOTHING like Morris Brown. And I swear I see ZERO similarities outside of them being HBCU's and having Marching Bands. They are as similar as FAMU and Southern.

Uh, ohhhhhhhh...
Shots fired...
Image

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/