It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Grambling this season
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:09 am 
Band-a-holic

Ain't nobody really mentioned GSU up on chea this past season.

Just wanted to give credit where it's due. I know GSU has had a few strugglin' years over the past decade or so, but they sounded pretty good this season.

If I wanted to listen to an orchestra, I'd go listen to an orchestra. I came to witness IGNORANCE and CARNAGE.

Post subject: Re: Grambling this season
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:53 pm 
Band-a-holic

CRANK wrote:

Just wanted to give credit where it's due. I know GSU has had a few strugglin' years over the past decade or so, but they sounded pretty good this season.

When I read your note I decided to go watch GSU's YouTube performances from last year. Honestly their sound on some halftime shows really needs more work. I know YouTube isn't the best way to evaluate a band but it does allow you hear mistakes. By the way, their parade performance was outstanding. Trombones were wicked but couldn't really hear trumpets and woodwinds.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:53 pm 
Band-a-holic

CRANK wrote:

When I read your note I decided to go watch GSU's YouTube performances from last year. Honestly their sound on some halftime shows really needs more work. I know YouTube isn't the best way to evaluate a band but it does allow you hear mistakes. By the way, their parade performance was outstanding. Trombones were wicked but couldn't really hear trumpets and woodwinds.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:50 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

marchingband1969 wrote:
CRANK wrote:

Crowd liked their shows last season but bayou classic is where they woke up the crowd loved them...but its just the consistency they. need but thenagain. a lot of swac bands are either stands or field and it shows most bands wait till Honda or last game to do a omg show but issues are with all bands field and stands.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:31 pm 
Band Fan

I saw a few clips of their stand performance and I was very impressed. I thought I was the only one.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:11 pm 

Grambling this season...
As always...SUCKS!!! Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:11 pm