It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The 90 Degree Show 2017 vol. 7 Bayou Classic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:58 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

Tonight at 9pm EST #The90DegreeShow 2017 vol. 7 Bayou Classic feat. Southern University Human Jukebox vs. Grambling State University World Renown Marching Band from Tiger land. Call in at 888-909-1050 and watch us here! http://bit.ly/TMP_NBC

Building support for our schools through the marching experience.

http://themarchingpodcast.com/

Post subject: Re: The 90 Degree Show 2017 vol. 7 Bayou Classic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:38 pm 
Band-a-holic

Take Me To The King was a tribute for two Grambling students who got shot in October, nothing more, nothing less.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:11 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

lilrj1919 wrote:
Take Me To The King was a tribute for two Grambling students who got shot in October, nothing more, nothing less.

Break me down...I wish I would have saw this when we were on the air. I will make sure to make that right

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:49 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

The announcer made that clear before that was played. Southern has played gospel songs at the botb even soloist. It seems when GSU does it then its a issue. But the announcer said what the song was for before it was played.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:01 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

aaron100 wrote:
The announcer made that clear before that was played. Southern has played gospel songs at the botb even soloist. It seems when GSU does it then its a issue. But the announcer said what the song was for before it was played.

I guess it looks different when you are getting sleighed already. It might have been better to do it at the beginning which would come down to the playcalling. Southern didn't do it this year but I did state that all the singing was wack when Southern did it too..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:26 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

jkb9703 wrote:
aaron100 wrote:

I guess it looks different when you are getting sleighed already. It might have been better to do it at the beginning which would come down to the playcalling. Southern didn't do it this year but I did state that all the singing was wack when Southern did it too..

It was the first song GSU played. And selection means nothing i have seen Southern do a rap mix after GSU played a march or gospel and it was years when these two use to have two rounds of marches loved them days.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:10 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

aaron100 wrote:
jkb9703 wrote:
aaron100 wrote:

It was the first song GSU played. And selection means nothing i have seen Southern do a rap mix after GSU played a march or gospel and it was years when these two use to have two rounds of marches loved them days.

Your last statement goes to my point again about playcalling. It does make a difference in how you respond to what a band plays at you. I stated this in the show, but I wish someone was there to direct the competition per round to make sure that each band is able to compete in all phases of music.

Grambling ended with the a gospel song. The first song they started with was to the memory to 'a former alum' and Fats Domino.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:18 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

Take me to king was first and they transitioned to " rockstar" gsu ended with rap. Not gospel.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:53 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

aaron100 wrote:
Take me to king was first and they transitioned to " rockstar" gsu ended with rap. Not gospel.

lol OK you might want to check that out again...The announcer said..we start with the lord and end with the lord.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:12 am 
Assistant Section Leader

jkb9703 wrote:
aaron100 wrote:

lol OK you might want to check that out again...The announcer said..we start with the lord and end with the lord.

Well clearly it didn't happen. But I think he was using a quote but not speaking in general but as the clips show Take me to the king was first then transitioned into Rockstar.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:24 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

aaron100 wrote:
jkb9703 wrote:
aaron100 wrote:

Well clearly it didn't happen. But I think he was using a quote but not speaking in general but as the clips show Take me to the king was first then transitioned into Rockstar.

ahhh Ok transition too...word.. hope you got to check out the last show...because us black schools don't practice proper music technique :) #shade

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am 
Assistant Section Leader

Seems as folks never call out other bands but gram does something they don't like its a big deal when clearly southern didn't have the best reply songs either. It was years southern started the botb with a march. But let gsu so it omfg.