It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: NSU Almuni Spartan Legion
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:06 pm 
Band Fan

Hey don't get me wrong playground. I got MUCH LOVE for Miller. I was shocked and just did not know how far back and forward he marched. He joked and told me he was in the band long enough but never said what was long enough. :lol: I am proud to know that I marched with someone who Legion roots were that deep. If it wasn't for his little jokes here and there, freshmen year would have been a little less fun. Hey what band do you direct? Lucky for me I do not remember us leaving anyone especially me. What ever happended to Sydney Sessoms? Has Mr. Walker landed at another HBCU since living Savannah State? I ran into Robert a year or so ago. He said he would have went with Mr. Walker but his parents are here. I saw someone mention Gunsmoke. Where is dude. He disappeared after 93.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:56 pm 

Yall done brought back Gunsmoke!! Man I haven't seen him in years!! The question is; Do you know his REAL name?? :wink:

Anyone seen Robert Williams?? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:06 am 

LMAO @ this whole dayum thread :lol:

WOOP! DEM DAYUM DIZZIES!
'92 & '95

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:28 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

Hey don't get me wrong playground. I got MUCH LOVE for Miller. I was shocked and just did not know how far back and forward he marched. He joked and told me he was in the band long enough but never said what was long enough. I am proud to know that I marched with someone who Legion roots were that deep. If it wasn't for his little jokes here and there, freshmen year would have been a little less fun. Hey what band do you direct? Lucky for me I do not remember us leaving anyone especially me. What ever happended to Sydney Sessoms? Has Mr. Walker landed at another HBCU since living Savannah State? I ran into Robert a year or so ago. He said he would have went with Mr. Walker but his parents are here. I saw someone mention Gunsmoke. Where is dude. He disappeared after 93

First, to answer your questions: I no longer direct band anymore. However, let's just say that I worked with all of the noted bands in SE DC. PR Harris (formerly Friendship with Linny), Ballou and Anacostia High. Mr. Sessoms (Satan) is probably somewhere where it's really hot..yeah...that's it... :lol: Walker to my knowledge is teaching at a Jr. High School, I had another comment but I'll keep it to myself. :biggrin: I thought Gunsmoke was at homecoming last year, maybe not but I could have sworn he was there.

Now, I have a question of my own...do I know you?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:01 pm 
Band Fan

Speaking of Gunsmoke. I remember the first time I saw him running on the field to put out the yard markers. :rotfl:
We laughed all the way through the show and into the stands. BOSS!! The Plane , The Plane................... :wave:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:50 am 
Band Fan

Well I marched in 93-95. I marched beside Lil Joe. It was soooo many people I remember faces but not too many names. Corey Ball gave me this nickname when I laughed at a mama joke that Kevein Wallace said to him. He said"Shut up Balou!! :surprised: Don't he look like that bear from that cartoon Talespin?" and that was it!!! My real name is (which you know ones you get a band name your given name is never used again and that is your Legion for life) Kevin Sivells. I can remember all the bones I marched with that year, Cory, Sport, George, Rhonda, J-Dog, Andrea, Jermaine (Tweet), Lil Joe, Jadon, Art Arrington, Brandon, Miller, and Dewayne. The next year it was 18 of us and we overpowered everyone. Those were the days. LMAO :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:55 am 
Assistant Section Leader

in light of the team having thus far a winning season

HOMECOMING IS GOING TO BE WILD!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:09 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

Especially if we win this game against FAMU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:03 am 
Band Fan

IS it just me or is everyone interested in NSU football FOR REAL this time?!?!?! The game is not just about halftime anymore. These guys are doing the thing. It is good to know now we can kill the band at halftime and the team during the game!!!! I think the FAMU game is on ESPNU tonight. GO SPARTANS!!! Their battle cry should be like the movie "300" when they are at home.
"THIS IS SPARTA!!!!" LMAO
Behold!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:34 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

Well we won..so It's going to be on!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:18 pm 
Band Fan

Behold The Green And Gold!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hog has been ordered for the Tailgate Party!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:01 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

Balou93 wrote:
IS it just me or is everyone interested in NSU football FOR REAL this time?!?!?! The game is not just about halftime anymore. These guys are doing the thing. It is good to know now we can kill the band at halftime and the team during the game!!!! I think the FAMU game is on ESPNU tonight. GO SPARTANS!!! Their battle cry should be like the movie "300" when they are at home.
"THIS IS SPARTA!!!!" LMAO
Behold!!!

The band already did it at the first BOTB with VSU....,I hate to say it but its already played out.....lol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:48 am 
Band Fan

It's Homecoming 2007 and I am packing now for the trip. Really excited to see all the old head Legion members as well as meeting the new. My intentions r to march this year with the Alumni Band. Not sure if I will be granted another year, month, day or minute on this earth, so If it is HIS will I will try to hit a few 90's next weekend while I still can. LOL . Those of you who can't march pay your dues and come out and show your support for those who are keeping the NSU Alumni Band Chapter alive. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:12 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

I wish I could march again but I fear those days for me are truly over. That won't stop me from supporting the organization though, they'll always come first on my homecoming plans.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:00 am 
Band Fan

I think I have a couple more years in me. I just have to get up to the school and do it. I will be making my rounds during this week. I hope to meet up with some former band greats to laugh and cry about old times. I hope to meet up with my fellow trombone rookie brothers and sister (Art, Brandon, Lil Joe, and Rhonda). Boy did we have fun that year (Summer of '93) :hall: . Do anyone know where Mr. Spartan (Kenny) and Captain Soul (Garry) of that year are :confused: ? I think I owe them about another 10 laps. LMAO :rotfl:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:53 pm 

It's going to be great seeing people i haven't seen in a while. :hall: :hall:

Mack 10 #6

Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity
Spring 03 Iota Xi
#8 Unknown Soldier
National Security: The Reign of Terror

Victory Lodge #23 Washington,DC
F.& A.M.
P.H.A. /G\

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:56 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

well I'm here...WHERE Y'ALL AT!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:14 am 
Band-a-holic

Ok, its that time again..make it better than before, let's Roll Alumni Legion!