It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Michael Sam: Coming out
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:44 pm 
Assistant Director

DukeLOrange wrote:
He got cut... and WWE is inviting him to next week's RAW?!?!?!?

:confused: Why tho????? :handicap: :lol:

Phi Mu Alpha
Spr. 2K7 The S.D.S.O.S.
#4 Terminator
SLIBFS!!!

Kappa Kappa Psi
Spr. 2K10 AKTion SquAd
#4 G.I. Joe
AEA!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:46 am 
Living Legend

So much for that... Michael Sam is going to Dallas to be on the practice squad and WWE withdrew all the hype on their site. LOL

Even though I figured that he would be cut. I did not expect him to be cut after he did well in the pre-season.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:53 am 
Living Legend

DukeLOrange wrote:
So much for that... Michael Sam is going to Dallas to be on the practice squad and WWE withdrew all the hype on their site. LOL

Even though I figured that he would be cut. I did not expect him to be cut after he did well in the pre-season.

I read that they were deep in that area, and he performed well against other teams' 3rd string players.

The poster formerly known as brucewayne100

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:36 am 
Living Legend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:31 am 
Living Legend

NOW they are saying that the NFL was pushing teams to sign him simply because he's gay.

If this is true, then this is a problem.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:06 am 
Head Drum Major

I can't go by anything cuz either way folks are gonna spin this to where he's getting opportunities because of his sexual preference. Sucks for him because he won't get the credit for his talents, but rather because he's gay. So if he makes the roster, folks will say it's a PR move. If he doesn't folks will say it's because he's gay

Follow me on Twitter @jazzymag17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:30 am 
Living Legend

^^^ Totally agree.

The man "came out" because he didn't want to live on egg shells awaiting some controversial day when folks roll up on his business and tries to humiliate or publicly shame him on THEIR terms. He wanted control of his own story and let folks know who he was before anybody signed him on because he knew how obsessed people are with everybody else's business. But now, everything he does has to be defined by his being a gay man. First gay man gets on an NFL team. First gay practice. First gay in a game. First gay to be traded. Did he miss that catch because he's gay? Does play #43 not like him because he's gay. Did he get traded because he's gay? Will he get signed to a new team now that we know he's gay?

Enough already. Let the brother be a football player. He was signed because he is qualified. He is traded because his team had other things in mind and wanted something else. He is as important and as insignificant as all the other players who get drafted, play in games, get playing time, don't get playing time, get traded and play with other teams. Can we reach the day when we stop being so obsessed with our differences as people and just hear of them and keep it moving?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:04 pm 
Living Legend

Everyone has a right to have an opinion and voice it as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone's right to live.

The NFL is a professional organization (supposed to be). Micheal Sam should be treated as a professional. Stop asking his teammates if he showers with him and if they feel comfortable if he does.

The only question that should be asked is this: CAN HE PLAY FOOTBALL AT A PROFESSIONAL LEVEL? That answer is yes...

They did this to Tebow too...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:13 pm 
Living Legend

DukeLOrange wrote:
Everyone has a right to have an opinion and voice it as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone's right to live.

The NFL is a professional organization (supposed to be). Micheal Sam should be treated as a professional. Stop asking his teammates if he showers with him and if they feel comfortable if he does.

The only question that should be asked is this: CAN HE PLAY FOOTBALL AT A PROFESSIONAL LEVEL? That answer is yes...

They did this to Tebow too...

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:55 am 
Head Arranger

I guess hindsight is 20/20...

YOU THINK?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mic ... ar-BBfJYii

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:11 pm 
Living Legend

So....

Should he have waited?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:46 pm 
Section Leader

I think he made it about himself being gay and not a football player and the media took that and ran with it. He shouldn't have said anything.

Alpha Omega Lodge #357 P.H.A.
John J Story Consistory #111 A.A.S.R.
Kazah Temple #149 A.E.A.O.N.M.S.
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc
Groove Tyme Ent. DJ Arizona Red
"LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES"