It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: WWE NXT thread - RELOADED...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:45 am 
Living Legend

NXT is becoming my show off choice now. I'm almost sad when they get called up.

Don't get me started on the divas...

Post subject: Re: WWE NXT thread - RELOADED...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:12 pm 
Director

I know I'm going a little bfar back but hear me out:

WrestleMania 29 was the epitome of just how far the 'E has fallen off. When the best match is a 50-year-old dude who last full match was 28's Mania and the guy who should be champ, that's an issue. Vince needs to overhaul alot of things, and I'll break it down:

Talent - Gut half that roster. Some dudes can't carry a match and are botch-a-holics (Sin Cara, Ryback, half the Divas), some can't cut a decent promo (Ryder, Swagger) and some are utterly useless to the company (Khali). Old heads that been around need to make a choice: The 'E or showbiz. Taker can't be wrestling one match a year. I love that guy, but it's been time to hang it up. And unless HBK is going to start pulling commentator duty, he doesn't need to be there at all.

Pushes - How the 'E managed to BLEEP up Ziggler's championship reign is beyond befuddlement. Either let him win a chip and hold it for a while cut him loose. Kofi needs a push again; he's been on Ryder status for MONTHS now. What are they doing with Orton, again?

Titles - The company's BIGGEST downfall right now. The belts are being treated as if they aren't worth BLEEP. Letting Rocky hold that BLEEP belt from Punk was a mistake, and giving back to Hulk Cena is even worse. Plus, I'm not even sure if there are IC title bouts anymore. THAT belt used to mean something. There was ALWAYS at least six dudes competing for a shot at the IC Champ. Tag team titles, too. Between PTP, Kofi & Truth, The Dancing Heavyweights Brodius Clay and Tensai, Primo & Epico, and yes, even The Shield (I'd say given them a tag-title run, Jersey Triad-style), they could have a pretty decent Tag Team Division.

PPVs - The main reason why storylines suck (other than the obvious PG holdback) is that PPVs are happening every month, so the storylines aren't getting the time to play themselves out. I'd cut that to 4-5 a year. The Core Four of PPVs - Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series. Maybe one of the lesser known PPVs on a rotating basis.

Either way you slice it, the 'E needs to improve a shitload to gain back or get new fans.

Simple Truth #133:

Want to fully maximize your iPod? Listen to your ENTIRE LIBRARY on random at all times for a week or so. Thank me later.

Kicking a$$, taking names, and burning the list...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:52 pm 
Drum Major

I have been all but finished watching wrestling for going on 10 years now...but WWE was ALWAYS more about the style and less about substance. Eric Bischoff runs rings around McMahon in terms of having a wrestling mind and evaluating talent. McMahon just has the money, and the fans follow.

Aristocrat (n): anything regarded as the best, most elegant, or most stylish of its kind...

Commonly known fact - You can't spell "Aristocrat" without the "RAT"...

Your band is a non-mutha f%^&*n factor b@#$h!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:25 pm 
Director

funkie junkie wrote:
McMahon just has the money, and the fans follow.

Have you read the news? They don't have that much of it left....

Click this link

Simple Truth #133:

Want to fully maximize your iPod? Listen to your ENTIRE LIBRARY on random at all times for a week or so. Thank me later.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:21 pm 
Living Legend

The thing is that most of the roster can go the ring. If you check out some of them in the development, you can see that. They need more time for the matchs instead of doing recaps all the time. Have one main angle with several small angles that weave into it. That way, the new guys and mid card talent can get the rub from the upper card. That's what made The Rock, The Shield, John Cena, and a host of other folk. I think when Triple H has total control, things week be better... Maybe not the divas, but everyone else.

Check out NXT. Triple H's pet project has been consistently knocking it out of the park. Even the divas. Paige, Emma, Big E, and Bo Dallas were running NXT and the crowd was into them. They get called up with different bookers and you see the result.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:16 pm 
Director

Hurricane Mir wrote:
Pushes - How the 'E managed to BLEEP up Ziggler's championship reign is beyond befuddlement. Either let him win a chip and hold it for a while cut him loose. Kofi needs a push again; he's been on Ryder status for MONTHS now.

Ziggler is one of my favorites, but word backstage is that he's not getting pushed because of a history of concussions. He sells the HEYAL out of other guy's moves. I think they are keeping him soley for building others up. Just a few steps above a jobber. This here was EPIC to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKqtFqpRLEk

:hall:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:49 am 
Living Legend

There is a host of superstars that they have or had a following and they buried them. Zack Ryder was a self made star that used the internet before the WWE really got into it and made himself a star to the point where he got the US title. Then they buried him.

Another star that the WWE should use more is Kofi Kingston. He's clean cut, never gets in trouble, isn't injury prone, and is consistent in the ring.

Do you see how long it took for the Usos to get the tag titles? None of the tag teams that were around when they started are here now that they are on top.

I'm a HUGE diva's fan, and I stand by the fact the divas can go if they had the opportunity. They lost Gail Kim and Tiffany (Taren Tarrell) to TNA and they put on TWO of the best women's matches in the Western Hemisphere.

One the other hand, the WWE is a publicly traded business. They have to do whatever is necessary to maintain a profit as a global brand. In some cases, is't great for the wrestlers: they have a performance center in Miami to apply the craft, they have top notch medical staff (see Jerry Lawler), and numerous opportunities for stars to get guest spots on TV shows and commercials.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:50 am 
Living Legend

So...

anybody watch Battleground?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:24 pm 
Head Drum Major

DukeLOrange wrote:
So...

I did unfortunately. It was a decent episode of Raw. The tag team match was the match of the night. The Rollins/Ambrose storyline is the best thing going right now. Jericho/Wyatt lacked something (can't put my finger on what it was though), and the rest of the matches I zoned in & out of.

Follow me on Twitter @jazzymag17

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:53 pm 
Living Legend

JazzyJB05 wrote:
DukeLOrange wrote:
So...

I did unfortunately. It was a decent episode of Raw. The tag team match was the match of the night. The Rollins/Ambrose storyline is the best thing going right now. Jericho/Wyatt lacked something (can't put my finger on what it was though), and the rest of the matches I zoned in & out of.

Last year's Battleground was garbage too. They may need to eliminate it and just go from MITB right into Summerslam. The thing is, if you have the Network, it's not too much of a big deal because you could just watch a WCW or ECW PPV while the garbage matches were going on.

Truth be told after the Tag Team match, I KNEW that the rest of the PPV was not going to measure up. Summerslam is going to be stacked though.

Cena v. Lesnar
Rollins v. Ambrose
Paige v. AJ (The real match, not play-play)
Jericho v. Wyatt (The real match , not play-play)
Bella v. Stephanie (Stephanie has GOT to be the Heel/Diva of the decade at this point)
Miz v. Shamus/Ziggler (It will be solid if given time)

This is what I think will happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:20 pm 
Director

DukeLOrange wrote:
Last year's Battleground was garbage too. They may need to eliminate it and just go from MITB right into Summerslam. The thing is, if you have the Network, it's not too much of a big deal because you could just watch a WCW or ECW PPV while the garbage matches were going on.

Truth be told after the Tag Team match, I KNEW that the rest of the PPV was not going to measure up. Summerslam is going to be stacked though.

Cena v. Lesnar
Rollins v. Ambrose
Paige v. AJ (The real match, not play-play)
Jericho v. Wyatt (The real match , not play-play)
Bella v. Stephanie (Stephanie has GOT to be the Heel/Diva of the decade at this point)
Miz v. Shamus/Ziggler (It will be solid if given time)

This is what I think will happen.

I think SummerSlam is going to be pretty good. Especially with the Page heel turn, the return of Ba-rahk Les-nahr and the REAL match between Ambrose/Rollins. I fully expect Wyatt to go over Jericho for the next 2 PPVs and hopefully Ziggler picks up the IC Belt at Night of Champions.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:40 am 
Living Legend

It has to be good because they have to get the WWE Network people to renew...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:22 pm 
Living Legend

But all those German suplexes Cena took from Lesnar tho...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:38 pm 
Director

DukeLOrange wrote:
But all those German suplexes Cena took from Lesnar tho...

Yep, what 15? 16? Lesnar squashed Cena. Can't wait for him to do it again at Night of Champions.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:22 pm 
Living Legend

That NXT Takeover II....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:23 pm 
Living Legend

This had me cracking up....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:26 pm 
Director

DukeLOrange wrote:

Smash.

Simple Truth #133:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:31 am 
Living Legend

It was a nice touch by Cameron, but it's kind of a step down for her because it's showing that she's vain to a point that she's oblivious to what to do.

It does work for her though... I could see her be the Diva's champ. She can talk about herself and escape matches when her opponent makes a mistake.

Remember Kurt Angle? Sure he can wrestle, but he won the first half of his matches when he started out off of people's mistakes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:39 pm 
Director

Cameron botched the hell outta that. You can't pin someone that's face down.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:13 am 
Living Legend

It was a work. The WWE is not good in keeping secrets and it would have been all over the internet if it wasn't.

If it wasn't a work, they need to cash in on this. Imagine the heat she would get. It would be more than what ANY diva is getting now outside of Stephanie, who needs to be Diva of the Decade at this point.

She may not be as talented as most of the Divas on the roster, but that's straight Wrestling 098. Not even 101.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:44 pm 
Living Legend

That Tag Team Match on NoC tho....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:40 pm 
Head Drum Major

My favorite match last night was Cessaro/Sheamus

The 1st hour was the best of the night

That Lesnar/Cena match was good up until SuperCena showed up & then they had that wack ending cuz lord knows you can't feed Cena to Lesnar 2 PPVs in a row

Follow me on Twitter @jazzymag17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:54 pm 
Living Legend

Dean Ambrose.... :hall:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:59 am 
Living Legend

I'm slowly becoming a Tyler Breeze fan, but I probably won't be when he gets called up because they won't use him right up there....

It that weird?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:19 am 
Band Fan

The product is awful. They are losing money and In act is gaining more fans. Plus, one of their own brands is surpassing them(NXT); a "promotion" to the main roster is more like a death kiss, if anything.

Smooth Ashlar Grand Lodge
F.A.A.Y.M.
Union Lodge #618 Atlanta,GA