It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: WWE NXT thread - RELOADED...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:38 am 
Living Legend

BlaqKnight1963 wrote:
The product is awful. They are losing money and In act is gaining more fans. Plus, one of their own brands is surpassing them(NXT); a "promotion" to the main roster is more like a death kiss, if anything.

I agree; outside of the Shield and possibly Russev, NXT getting to WWE is like getting buried.

They need to keep the angles the NXT stars have and have them make a huge impact. The problem is that the top NXT stars are a little smaller than what the WWE is looking for. John Cena is a heavyweight. Daniel Bryan is at the tip of the light heavyweight class. Sami Zayn and Nellville are 200 pounds. LIGHTER than Daniel Bryan.

They need to get rid of weight classes, call the top title the WWE title, and don't even mention how heavy or light they are. Talk about ability and history of the stars.

If you guys don't know, I'm a huge diva fan. It broke my heart to see how they are using Emma and Paige. Which makes me fearful of when Alexea Bliss, Sasha Banks, and Charlotte get called up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:33 am 
Living Legend

Dolph Ziggle tho.... :hall:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:54 pm 
Head Drum Major

About that NXT Takeover though.........

Follow me on Twitter @jazzymag17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:28 pm 
Living Legend

JazzyJB05 wrote:

Dude, the Divas' match was better than anything RAW and Smackdown produced this week...

I've been trying to tell folk...

1. Sasha Banks, has been off the chain since the indies.

2. When ANYBODY from NXT goes to WWE, there is about a 30% chance they will be buried in midcard, and about a 75% chance the divas will be just plain buried.

I hope that money is good...

Speaking of which.... that CM Punk interview though.... :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: Whatever side you are on....

On to watching TLC...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:36 am 
Head Drum Major

DukeLOrange wrote:
JazzyJB05 wrote:

Dude, the Divas' match was better than anything RAW and Smackdown produced this week...

I've been trying to tell folk...

1. Sasha Banks, has been off the chain since the indies.

2. When ANYBODY from NXT goes to WWE, there is about a 30% chance they will be buried in midcard, and about a 75% chance the divas will be just plain buried.

I hope that money is good...

Speaking of which.... that CM Punk interview though.... :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: Whatever side you are on....

On to watching TLC...

This week? That Divas match alone was better than what we've been fed on tv the last few months.

What I liked about the R Evolution special was that you could watch the whole show & be entertained from beginning to end. There wasn't crap fed to complete a 3 hour show.

What's interesting is that I read that some of the main roster guys felt some kind of way about the positive rub the NXT special got & were motivated to show out Sunday.........guess that wasn't true cuz TLC was a DUD.

CM Punk's interviews were great. I'm glad he's happy & can move on to the next phase of his life. Some of the stuff he said was just plain bitterness, but a lot of the stuff was wrong from WWE's end. I'll be rooting for him in UFC. WWE definitely dropped the ball on him. I can see him crossing over big time if he plays his cards right at UFC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:43 am 
Living Legend

The blame clearly goes to creative. NXT writers are separate from WWE writers. Triple H has the final say on NXT, not Vince. Tyler Breeze's gimmick would not have gone over on RAW. The Vaudevillians would have been facing the Epico and Primo every week on Main Event on the main roster. They did a good job with the Shield, Bray Wyatt, and Russev; but what about Bo Dallas, Emma, Big E, Xavier Woods, Summer Rae, and the other two Wyatt Family members?

What makes them work is character development and allowing the crowd to make the stars to some degree. Sure they had some failed attempts, but their track record has been way better than NXT with less time, a smaller roster, and fewer specials.

Raw being 3 hours should have yielded more wrestling and angles that lead to multiple wrestling matches to set up final battles on PPVs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:35 am 
Living Legend

That Triple Threat Match on Royal Rumble tho....

Brock taking 3 consecutive AAs was pretty sick....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:20 pm 
Head Drum Major

DukeLOrange wrote:
That Triple Threat Match on Royal Rumble tho....

Brock taking 3 consecutive AAs was pretty sick....

I've had a hard time coming up with another triple threat match that was as good as that one. All 3 guys did a heck of a job. Brock looked like a beast for real though, as he should

That crappily booked royal rumble match though.......

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:41 am 
Director

This right here is the truest thing I've ever read regarding the 'E and their fall from grace...(from another website)

Quote:
"You know I gave up on WWE a long time ago (2002). Only came back sporadically for a few months at a time in 2012 and 2013 etc. but it's been almost a year now since I last paid real attention. I mean I truly haven't watched more than 8 minutes of WWE TV on any given week during the past 8 months and even that is being generous because it’s likely much lesser minutes than that to be quite honest.

However having just seen the ending to the Rumble match after all the hoopla online I'm laughing so hard right now. The last time I heard genuine boos like that with Rocky in the ring I was a freshman in high school. I’m 31 now so in other words that was back when he had first joined the nation and was still going by Rocky Maivia and about to feud with Austin for the IC belt. BLEEP was just bonkers to me that even The Rock couldn’t help that end get over which is obviously what they wanted to happen.

I actually have no problem with Reigns for the most part. I mean admittedly I have skipped most of his matches because he doesn’t draw me in. The thing is though I don’t hate him either. I could see why some see potential in him in the long run. I’m just indifferent to the guy overall but talk about cutting somebody's legs off before they could even walk.

I feel really bad for him because the vitriol he’s about to receive is not really fully his fault. It’s management’s for being so premature and stubborn with his mega push but he’s the one who will never hear the end of it possibly for the rest of his career. If ever there was a need for the "Who booked this BLEEP?" gif...

I also feel bad for those who are still heavily invested in WWE's BLEEP week in and week out. They get pulled through the ringer so many times at this time it’s just genuinely sad to see.

At the same time you just know WWE will probably end up calling another audible like they did last year with Daniel Bryan and then “boom” the same people crying and complaining and threatening to stop watching now will be back to eating right out of Vince’s hands again. They’re masochists that way. It has truly reached battered wife syndrome status at this point.

The McMahons know that even when they piss off the “WWE Universe” they could just sucker them back in with easy pandering for a couple of weeks on free TV and the fans will act like BLEEP never stopped being sweet all over again & gobble up the next PPV. The fans get played by the same tricks over and over again year in and year out and they’re too naïve to even see through the fog.

But hey this is what people get for continuing to enable the crap they keep getting fed instead of tuning out."

Change "2002" to "2008" and 31 years old to 32, and this is me.

Simple Truth #133:

Want to fully maximize your iPod? Listen to your ENTIRE LIBRARY on random at all times for a week or so. Thank me later.

Kicking a$$, taking names, and burning the list...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:10 pm 
Living Legend

The thing is that WWE is the only game in town for the average viewer. They don't know too much about TNA, Lucha Underground, or the Indies.

WWE is unmatched when it comes to the machine that they have. For example, Athena is one of my favorite women's wrestlers in the indies (Mia Yim is my other). They posted a match on the #Rawternative (Athena v. Mia Yim) site that rivaled anything that RAW put on that day as well as anything the divas do. Heck Mia Yim did a TLC match with a DUDE and tore the house down.

The issue is this: most of the other wrestlers have to get other jobs. Athena got injured and had to raise funds to get the surgery done.

If Athena and Mia Yim were in WWE, they would learn about pacing. The wrestlers in the indies just move from spot to spot. Also, they have to learn how to speak effectively. (I perfer HHH's method of talking off of bullet points instead of a script, but that's another issue). They also teach them to save their bodies for the long haul. Which means more money in your pocket.

While I yearn for better booking and longer matches, I still try to embrace the deception. I enjoy the WWE better.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:39 am 
Living Legend

That NXT Rival tho...

Finn Balor's entrance...

No wonder the WWE stars and DIVAS especially are salty...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:44 am 
Living Legend

That RKO on Seth Rollins on Wrestlemania.... :hall: