It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Michael Brown Shooting... What's it all about?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:02 am 
Head Arranger

Apparently there's more to the story.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/15/us/missou ... index.html

Michael Brown allegedly robbed a convenient store before he was shot. This is becoming a complex issue. One the one side, folk are protesting as if he was a political martyr. Then you find out that he had possibly robbed a store before he was shot.

Post subject: Re: Michael Brown Shooting... What's it all about?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:22 pm 
Head Drum Major

When the story first broke last weekend, he supposedly robbed the QT. Now they're saying it was another convenience store. The whole robbery story is still not 100% confirmed. Regardless of it being true, it doesn't justify him getting shot from the back & still getting shot at while he had his hands up in surrender

Follow me on Twitter @jazzymag17

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:49 pm 
Head Arranger

Regardless of it being true? It is true. That's the problem.

What the law say in this case? Was the officer justified in using deadly force on a fleeing felon? If Brown did get into a struggle with the officer and hurt and/or injure the officer, the officer will have a strong case for using deadly force, even if the suspect was fleeing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:46 am 
Head Drum Major

SP100 wrote:
Regardless of it being true? It is true. That's the problem.

What the law say in this case? Was the officer justified in using deadly force on a fleeing felon? If Brown did get into a struggle with the officer and hurt and/or injure the officer, the officer will have a strong case for using deadly force, even if the suspect was fleeing.

The officer was unaware of him being an alleged suspect in a robbery. The only detail that has not been confirmed is what caused the cop to pull his gun out & shoot at him while he was running from the cop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:03 pm 
Assistant Section Leader

And it has just given an excuse for those thugs and pants saggers to be shown all over the world breaking into stores and looting.

Just a poor example to someone getting shot by the police.

And the media needs to stop making this a black vs white thing until all of the facts are known.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:43 am 
Section Leader

It's crazy man. They interviewed the witness on "The Last Word" and according to her, Michael Brown was fleeing from the cop, and may have caught a bullet in the back, which made him stop and turn around with hands up, and the cop shot him again. The witness said that she was about to record the incident with her cell phone but when shots rang out, she just got out of the way. She was in a car behind the officer's car.

It's one thing to protest peacefully but when you have a few individuals looting and doing dumb ish, how do you say you want justice but at the same time, do crazy ish. Been through this stuff during the 3 Miami riots where a cop shot and killed a black man. Looting and burning everywhere. The one in 1980 was the worst.

Alpha Omega Lodge #357 P.H.A.
John J Story Consistory #111 A.A.S.R.
Kazah Temple #149 A.E.A.O.N.M.S.
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc
Groove Tyme Ent. DJ Arizona Red
"LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:34 am 
Assistant Section Leader

Vibes1911 wrote:
It's crazy man. They interviewed the witness on "The Last Word" and according to her, Michael Brown was fleeing from the cop, and may have caught a bullet in the back, which made him stop and turn around with hands up, and the cop shot him again. The witness said that she was about to record the incident with her cell phone but when shots rang out, she just got out of the way. She was in a car behind the officer's car.

It's one thing to protest peacefully but when you have a few individuals looting and doing dumb ish, how do you say you want justice but at the same time, do crazy ish. Been through this stuff during the 3 Miami riots where a cop shot and killed a black man. Looting and burning everywhere. The one in 1980 was the worst.

Same thing i said. I do wonder if the clerk would have shot him would people still be posting pictures on Instagram. Had he not put himself in that predicament he more than likely would be alive. This isn't a Trayvon situation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:52 pm 
Living Legend

I love's a good one-side story:

Officer Darren's good friend

"The police were driving down the street and saw two gentlemen walkim in the road, so the officer rolled down the window as said "please move from out of the road." Just then the announcement about the horrendous robbery of 7 cigars came across the police radio, and officer Darren looked at the boys and noticed they were carrying cigars and said, hey these MUST be the robbers." --that only happens in reruns of The Andy Griffith Show. Lol.

Michael Brown's good friend

"We were walking down the street when this policeman drove up and yelled "get the 'F' out of the street. We said, we're just finishing up our conversation and are close to our destination and will be out or the street shortly. The Cop grabs Michael through the window tries to open the door and it bumps against Michael which made the cop mad, so he grabbed his weapon." In the words of Judge Judy, "BOLOGNA!!! DO I look like I've got stupid written all over my face!?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:35 pm 
Director

At this point, I don't even think it matters.

This summer, cops having been going crazy with obliterating people's (especially of the black male variety) 14th Amendment rights, and this kids getting killed was the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back."

Simple Truth #133:

Want to fully maximize your iPod? Listen to your ENTIRE LIBRARY on random at all times for a week or so. Thank me later.

Kicking a$$, taking names, and burning the list...

Last edited by Hurricane Mir on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:32 am 
Head Drum Major

Didn't the police chief say that the officer was unaware of the robbery? Plus, I believe yesterday CNN reported that the store owner did not even call the cops to report a robbery so it could be impossible to say that's why he got stopped in the 1st place.

I'm trying to be as unbiased with all this, but I've yet to hear a situation that merits the cop putting 6 bullets in this young man for any reason. Also, I don't understand why he didn't report the incident until hours later & then the police chief lied when he said they took him by ambulance when there's video evidence that he was taken in the back of an SUV.

It sucks that there's a few bad seeds trying to create chaos in Ferguson, and it's crazy that it looks like a war zone out there. I think the town just got fed up with the police injustice & Brown was the straw that broke the camel's back

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:12 am 
Head Arranger

Now that the ruling is in, what are your thoughts?

I said earlier it was a complex case if Michael Brown did in fact get into a physical altercation with officer.

What I don't understand is folk rioting and burning down their own community. What's it gonna do for them? Haven't we learned anything from our history?

One thing I think is lost in all of this is that store owner who was brutalized and robbed by Michael Brown. What is the community doing for that guy?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:30 am 
Section Leader

It was so much to this story. Here's my thing, the prosecutor was so passive about the whole thing and rode out with the officer the whole time. When they showed the pictures of the officer after the tussle with M. Brown, just a scrape here and there and not much of a swollen jaw, in which, M. Brown's friend said that Brown hit him with an open fist. Now, Brown took off running, why are you shooting at a fleeing person? I'm stuck right there.

"LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:47 pm 
Head Arranger

M Brown's parents may be in partial, if not total, denial. I just don't think folk can or should discount the video of the robbery as insight into what kind of person he truly was.

Again, what about the store owner? I hope he wasn't looted.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:59 pm 
Living Legend

On one side, folks don't want to hear that white cops and to an extent black cops have a tendency to "talk it out," "walk on by," and "give the benefit of doubt" to white males way more than they are willing to with black males. As a result, black males are shot dead at a much larger rate.

On the other side folks don't want to hear that Michael Brown was a disrespectful bully who goes in stores and apparently just TAKES stuff and dares anyone to do or say anything about it. Get in his way and he will just push you out the way as if your authority doesn't even matter.

This death happened because of a combination of the two things above.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:58 pm 
Section Leader

I mean, you can say the M. Brown was thuggish but the question is, did he deserve to be killed? Was the officer in the right to let off 12 rounds, in which, some was fired at M. Brown while he was running away. Hell, Rodney King was a thug but did he deserve to get beat like that? Those are the questions no one can answer. I've experience 3 riots in Miami, in which, all 3 involved cops shooting a black man. The last incident involved a Hispanic cop shooting a black man on a motorcycle. It was crazy.

"LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:59 pm 
Living Legend

^^^See, this is what keeps happening. Folks either want to hear one side or the other. why never both. TWO factors BOTH contributed.

Thuggish AND Prejudice

Folks don't get to breeze past folk's acknowledgements and argue against points that are not even being made.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:43 pm 
Section Leader

Bruh, I listened to both sides. Yes, he took some cigarillos without paying for it. Yes, he pushed the story owner. That's one side. The other side, he was confronted by the officer. Yes, him and the cop got into a confrontation and at the time, the cop had a ride to defend himself. Now, the part in question is when he ran away from the cop. Did the cop have to shoot while M. Brown was running away? Was the cop in danger while M. Brown was running away? It's not like Ferguson is a big city. He could have called for backup and the arriving cops would have set up a perimeter. So, there, you have both sides. Now, I'm not condoning what M Brown did as far as the robbery and I'm not condoning the cop, as far as defending himself while inside his patrol car.

"LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:00 am 
Director

Can we stop saying the guy "robbed" the store? They have video of him paying for items at the store. Could he have possibly been in an altercation with the store owner and another customer ASSumed the store was robbed? The owner said that he never reported a robbery. If he called then clearly they could have confirmed that it was in fact the store owner. PS.....Wilson didn't even stop Brown over the call about the store incident. He admitted that during his testimony (another shift from his original story)

Now back to what should be the topic......The MURDER of Michael Brown. It's a shame that some folks still fall for the age old trick of placing the victim on trial and questioning the character of the victim through the media. Shocked it still works in 2014. Why did Murderer Wilson unload 12 rounds on an unarmed teen? Why did they not call paramedics to the scene? Why did Brown's body lay in the street for hours? Why did the investigating officer allow Wilson to ride in his bosses car on the way to be questioned? Why wasn't a police report filed in a reasonable time frame? Why did the PR for Ferguson PD flat out lie about Wilson's injuries (broken orbital, bloody nose, swollen face)? The prosecutor was the worst because he clearly swayed the grand jury to the decision he wanted. Now Wilson joins Zimmerman as another murderer that became a millionaire at the expense of a black kid's life......

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:48 am 
Head Drum Major

So if a teenager steals some cigarrillos from the gas station, it justifies them getting killed?

I don't think Brown was all holy & stuff & evidence shows he was aggressive at first, but he needed to be killed? If you must shoot him, you couldn't shoot his foot & then get the advantage?

As for the prosecutor, he just did what he's elected to do. Let folks know who still has the power