It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Boxing fans will Canelo defeat Mayweather ?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:21 pm 
Drum Major

First, I would like to say on record Money will win if he stays off the ropes because Cotto gave Mayweather the best comp I've ever seen. So if he boxes then he'll be fine but I'd hate to see Mayweather try and trade with Canelo because he's very strong and could buckle Mayweather like Sugar Shane did Except Canelo would smell blood and finish. What's your thoughts ?

" Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today" - Malcom X

What do WE do ?.......you know the re$t

Post subject: Re: Boxing fans will Canelo defeat Mayweather ?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:42 pm 
Drum Major

Mayweather wouldn't have scheduled him if he thought he could lose to him. :lol:

Aristocrat (n): anything regarded as the best, most elegant, or most stylish of its kind...

Commonly known fact - You can't spell "Aristocrat" without the "RAT"...

Your band is a non-mutha f%^&*n factor b@#$h!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:21 pm 
Drum Major

funkie junkie wrote:
Mayweather wouldn't have scheduled him if he thought he could lose to him. :lol:
don't start ! My man picked the best his division has to offer.

" Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today" - Malcom X

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:56 am 
Drum Major

Rudimentulphunk wrote:
funkie junkie wrote:

LOL true, and I like Mayweather (for the most part). But it's like even if he goes 50-0, we all know the one fight that everyone wanted to see...

Aristocrat (n): anything regarded as the best, most elegant, or most stylish of its kind...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:16 am 
Drum Major

funkie junkie wrote:
Rudimentulphunk wrote:
funkie junkie wrote:

LOL true, and I like Mayweather (for the most part). But it's like even if he goes 50-0, we all know the one fight that everyone wanted to see...
Yeah but the thing is you can't split it 50/50 with the top guy of the sport. I look at it like Jay Z and Kendrick Lamar co headlining a concert and getting the same pay. Not happening
Pacmans camp and gassed him up. And to think he could've easily gotten 30 mill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:46 pm 
Band Fan

To answer the question in the post, I think Mayweather is going to mash Canelo. Too fast, too slick, and a gargantuan step up in talent for the Redhead. The only way he wins is with the huge punch i.e Tarver vs. Roy Jones Jr.

As for the other posts, I am glad Mayweather took this fight because it is the best fight out there. Money has been notorious for not fighting guys in their prime or weight class (and even this one is at a catchweight) but this is definitely the toughest challenge he can muster up right now.

As for the Pacquiao thing, both sides are at fault. Asking Pac at the time to take 30 mil is ridiculous. Preliminary estimates for the purses for the fight were between 120-160 million dollars. On the low end, Mayweather was asking for 75-25 split, high end 81-19 and although he is the bigger draw that is a greedy. 60-40, maybe even 65-35 but nothing above that. Pacquiao is at fault because he let Bob Arum do all of the negotiating and Bob publicly hates Mayweather and has never done anything in the interest of him making money. Secondly, he put off the testing issue way too long and when he finally agreed to testing Mayweather had moved on and rightfully so.

However, if Floyd holds to his word, which is that he is going to finish out the Showtime contract, he may have to fight Pac. After this Saturday, he will have four fights left on the deal. There are not four fighters out there or coming up that will fill all of the following criteria:

a) Showtime will be willing to agree to
b) Will make money (Stephen Espinoza said the Guerrero fight was break even at best)
c) Will draw public interest

The only fights that are left are the winner of Matthyse-Garcia, maybe Broner, and Khan in the UK or Dubai. Trout, Alexander,Bradley, Maidana or Thurman makes no money due to lack of draw. No way Floyd goes to 160 to meet Ward or 154 to meet GGG and I don't blame him. Sergio is injured and is at least out until late next year. No way he fights an even more war torn Cotto or a 42 year old Marquez again. Pac is about his only option.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:08 pm 
Drum Major

Infinite End wrote:
As for the Pacquiao thing, both sides are at fault. Asking Pac at the time to take 30 mil is ridiculous. Preliminary estimates for the purses for the fight were between 120-160 million dollars. On the low end, Mayweather was asking for 75-25 split, high end 81-19 and although he is the bigger draw that is a greedy. 60-40, maybe even 65-35 but nothing above that.

I agree.

Infinite End wrote:
However, if Floyd holds to his word, which is that he is going to finish out the Showtime contract, he may have to fight Pac.

But do we (the general public) even still care anymore after Pac got DeBo-ed?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:21 pm 
Band Fan

funkie junkie wrote:
Infinite End wrote:
As for the Pacquiao thing, both sides are at fault. Asking Pac at the time to take 30 mil is ridiculous. Preliminary estimates for the purses for the fight were between 120-160 million dollars. On the low end, Mayweather was asking for 75-25 split, high end 81-19 and although he is the bigger draw that is a greedy. 60-40, maybe even 65-35 but nothing above that.

I agree.

Infinite End wrote:
However, if Floyd holds to his word, which is that he is going to finish out the Showtime contract, he may have to fight Pac.

But do we (the general public) even still care anymore after Pac got DeBo-ed?

You would be surprised how many people believe that Pac can beat Floyd even after a face plant. I am not one of them. That fight still has huge numbers on it especially if Pac destroys Rios as I think he will

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:51 am 
Director

Infinite End wrote:
To answer the question in the post, I think Mayweather is going to mash Canelo. Too fast, too slick, and a gargantuan step up in talent for the Redhead. The only way he wins is with the huge punch i.e Tarver vs. Roy Jones Jr.

As for the other posts, I am glad Mayweather took this fight because it is the best fight out there. Money has been notorious for not fighting guys in their prime or weight class (and even this one is at a catchweight) but this is definitely the toughest challenge he can muster up right now.

As for the Pacquiao thing, both sides are at fault. Asking Pac at the time to take 30 mil is ridiculous. Preliminary estimates for the purses for the fight were between 120-160 million dollars. On the low end, Mayweather was asking for 75-25 split, high end 81-19 and although he is the bigger draw that is a greedy. 60-40, maybe even 65-35 but nothing above that. Pacquiao is at fault because he let Bob Arum do all of the negotiating and Bob publicly hates Mayweather and has never done anything in the interest of him making money. Secondly, he put off the testing issue way too long and when he finally agreed to testing Mayweather had moved on and rightfully so.

However, if Floyd holds to his word, which is that he is going to finish out the Showtime contract, he may have to fight Pac. After this Saturday, he will have four fights left on the deal. There are not four fighters out there or coming up that will fill all of the following criteria:

a) Showtime will be willing to agree to
b) Will make money (Stephen Espinoza said the Guerrero fight was break even at best)
c) Will draw public interest

The only fights that are left are the winner of Matthyse-Garcia, maybe Broner, and Khan in the UK or Dubai. Trout, Alexander,Bradley, Maidana or Thurman makes no money due to lack of draw. No way Floyd goes to 160 to meet Ward or 154 to meet GGG and I don't blame him. Sergio is injured and is at least out until late next year. No way he fights an even more war torn Cotto or a 42 year old Marquez again. Pac is about his only option.

Well you obviously no nothing about boxing... #sarcasm

Good stuff, bro! :thumbsup:

#GoMagic
#GoGators
#GoRays

Twitter: @Stevo_Supremo
IG: @sholmesjr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:48 pm 
Drum Major

Yeah you know a lil something. This is my thing. I think Floyd is so good that it makes others look bad. But in reality, they're good fighters. They ONLY boxers out your list of fighters that would actually have a chance is GGG (that's my dude) and MAYBE Martinez believe it or not because he's a great counter puncher like Floyd. Floyd is not going to fight Pacman because he doesn't need to. That train has left. Marquez bombed on Pacman, and Floyd had one of his best performances against Marquez as far as connection percentages. Floyd is fighting his greatest bout offered now and trust that it won't be easy like you think. I've been watching both of their fights all week on On Demand, and Cotto gave Floyd work on those ropes. I've never seen Floyd get hit like that ever throughout a bout. If he does that same crap with Canelo it's gonna be a long night. Sugar Shane fought both and said that he thinks Canelo is a lot better than what Cloyd thinks. Floyd in a split decision because Canelos conditioning isn't great past 8 rounds

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:37 am 
Drum Major

Not only did Money win, but he basically put on a boxing clinic. I was actually surprised that Canelo didn't get off more shots like I thought he would. Money even walked down the bigger fighter at times. Canelo looked puzzled and frustrated and it showed. Took a champ and made him look like a YMCA boxer. The guy is just good

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:50 am 
Band Fan

Turned out like I thought it would. The scorecards were ridiculous though. Not only the 114-114 but the 117-111 and 116-112 were questionable. If you are being generous Canelo won 2 rounds.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:44 pm 
Drum Major

Infinite End wrote:
Turned out like I thought it would. The scorecards were ridiculous though. Not only the 114-114 but the 117-111 and 116-112 were questionable. If you are being generous Canelo won 2 rounds.
I gave Canelo the 3rd and I think it was the 7th or 8th. I know the draw was flat out dumb. Why were the others questionable to you ? Now there is really lookin shaky for Money's last 4 bouts. I could think of one, but not all 4.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:32 pm 
Band Fan

Rudimentulphunk wrote:
Infinite End wrote:
I gave Canelo the 3rd and I think it was the 7th or 8th. I know the draw was flat out dumb. Why were the others questionable to you ? Now there is really lookin shaky for Money's last 4 bouts. I could think of one, but not all 4.

I have re-watched the fight several times. It is a stretch to give Canelo anything outside of the 3rd (and you can argue that). Maybe the 12th for just for kicks because Floyd was on cruise control. Outside of that Canelo did squadoosh. Even with your description you have 118-110. I am more inclined to believe 120-108 which several boxing analyst had before I see anything below 118-110.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 pm 
Drum Major

^^^^ that's about right. My question is what do they plan to do about the judge who called it a draw. She needs to be under a microscope from here on out. Next for Money should be Danny Garcia, or Martinez. Canelo should fight Angulo. That would be a great one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:54 pm 
Band Fan

Rudimentulphunk wrote:
^^^^ that's about right. My question is what do they plan to do about the judge who called it a draw. She needs to be under a microscope from here on out. Next for Money should be Danny Garcia, or Martinez. Canelo should fight Angulo. That would be a great one.

The judge, CJ Ross, has taken an indefinite leave. I am sure she did that to prevent having to face the Nevada Gaming Commision and the Nevada State Athletic Board. I can see Floyd fighting and torching Garcia next. After that probably Khan and after that he almost has to fight Pac. As for Canelo, don't be surprised if he doesn't give Miguel Cotto a call should he win on October 5th. Mexican vs Puerto Rican fights always make money and draw interest. As much as I like Cotto, I think Canelo would end his career.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:55 am 
Band Fan

It will be Amir Khan first, then Danny Garcia...Danny will be the next undefeated fighter that Money Mayweather faces...

One fighter that he may not fight in the Golden Boy stable is Broner as he is Floyd's prototype...otherwise, Martinez would have been there for him next year if Maravilla didn't get injured...

youtube.com/user/dabandman